• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The official "World War ]i[" thread"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied
    Ukraine far-right leader Muzychko dies 'in police raid'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26729273

'shot while resisting arrest' . New government cleaning up a few loose ends...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    There is actually another theory, one which I think holds some substance, as to why Putin has acted this way...fear. Just maybe he's frightened of how the Ukranians have revolted against what could be seen as a corrupt dictatorship which is not too dissimilar to Russia and decided to nip their act of getting out of a 'managed democracy' into a possible 'real democracy' in the bud. Fear that the people of Russia might also follow in their footsteps and ask for more accountability of their leaders. Would also go someway to explain why he put the leader of the opposition in Russia under house arrest prior to his annexation of the Crimea...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Another world leader agrees with Suity

Poland Is Quietly Mobilizing Its Army Reservists | Zero Hedge

Originally posted by Prime Minister of Poland
    Three weeks ago, their Prime Minister, Donald Tusk, called a press conference to warn that “the world stands on the brink of conflict, the consequences of which are not foreseenNot everyone in Europe is aware of this situation.”
    Doodab is certainly not aware of this situation.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Personally speaking, I can't really see what all the fuss is about.
    Whilst I have no doubt that the voting figures were portrayed in the best possible light, I also have no doubt that a sizeable majority of Crimeans want to be part of Russia rather than be attached to the parts of Ukraine that are getting a stiffy about the possibility of joining the EU.
    Even leaving aside the "warm water ports" argument, this action by the Russkies is little different to the sort of thing the USA and the West routinely do across the globe for strategic advantage.
    Whilst many of our politicians will get on their high moral horses to condemn this, they are being obsessively hypocritical.

Just saying....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Reports of first shots fired upon Ukrainian military units in Crimea that did not surrender - there is apparently one wounded, snipers shooting reported.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You may want to read The War Nerd: Everything you know about Crimea is wrong(-er) | PandoDaily

The only conclusion is that the west really couldn't and shouldn't do anything. Crimea has always wanted to be Russian and Russia doesn't want the other bits of Ukraine
    This bit was funny

It’s a sad day for America when you have to get your honest news from the pigs at Goldman Sachs, B of A, and Morgan Stanley. Kind of like Clarice having to walk through a gauntlet of tossed cum to hear Hannibal Lecter’s take on the latest serial killer

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You may want to read The War Nerd: Everything you know about Crimea is wrong(-er) | PandoDaily

The only conclusion is that the west really couldn't and shouldn't do anything. Crimea has always wanted to be Russian and Russia doesn't want the other bits of Ukraine

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It takes one fckwit to identify another one so I will take the above as confirmation.....
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Tomorrow new Cold War starts officially...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No, on this occasion it's just a fckwit.

HTH
    It takes one fckwit to identify another one so I will take the above as confirmation.....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed not; but there's a reason it's called Mutually Assured Destruction.

Is this another Cuban Missile Crisis style crisis?
    No, on this occasion it's just a fckwit.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    That's not helpful really is it? Not that he's wrong of course..

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Prep. Plan. Hope for the best.
    I'm in training with this

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition - EA Game

and RA2 which was the pick of the bunch IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    BBC report 95% vote in favour on unification with the Motherland! Other 5 % t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ boycotted the election.

̶

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    4 8 15 16 23 42.

Someone better enter the numbers soon or we're all fecked.

Sorry old timer, we're all fecked.

Prep. Plan. Hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X