• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phishing 'agents' - name and shame?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    We'd just finish up with a directory of recruitment agents

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    Since it's Friday afternoon...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTMRI9nAyU
    Epic.
    Last edited by zazou; 21 February 2014, 13:50.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I love that film, for a stage play to translate to film that well is a rare thing

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    *** got the joke ***

I have thought to automatically ask for their managers name and contact details when I get that type of behaviour, anyone do that?
    Strike some fear into the trainees.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wRLWM_m5wQ
    Last edited by petergriffin; 21 February 2014, 09:06.

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    slack agents, unfortunately.

they should be phishing clientcos for new upcoming roles, so they can start gathering CVs for.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I don't mind fishing agents so much anymore, I just tell them honestly and openly that I am not giving them a reference without an interview.

What I do mind is some of these agents (Computer Futures cough) who call me asking the same silly questions every single time. Last time they called before today I thought to give them all the information they want in the hope they would not need to ask for it again. Got a call today from the same agent asking the same questions. Told him I already spent an hour answering them all last time!

There is this one particular agent from that firm who really does my head in, above all the other agents. First name starts with A. The most annoying agent ever.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Just tell them, to give them references you would be throwing them away.

They're for closers

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post
    Glengarry Glen Ross Resource Consulting
    Sounds like one of Scotland's agencies. The agents in rUK don't do this sort of thing.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 20 February 2014, 12:27.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post
    I did a quick search but didn't find a thread like that.

How about naming and shaming those guys?
    Why? It's a standard sales tool in many industries. Why name and shame when they are just doing what they have to? If you really want to be proactive just get a list of every agency in the UK and post them all and have done.

Just forget it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    A thread naming agents that don't fish for 'references' would be very very short.

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    started a topic Phishing 'agents' - name and shame?

Phishing 'agents' - name and shame?

I did a quick search but didn't find a thread like that.

How about naming and shaming those guys?

Hi zazou,

Thanks for your time on the phone I appreciate it.

All I need from you now is the name of your managers at your last two companies. We don’t ask for any sensitive information if you are not comfortable forwarding that. So all my client requires is the name and company of your references.

When the job spec becomes available I will send it over to your straight away.

Thanks again for your time

Regards,

Ricky Roma – IT Recruitment Consultant
    Glengarry Glen Ross Resource Consulting

Working...
X