• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not a pound of debt..."

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    And we own their banks. I suggest we relocate them back to England. That'll do wonders for the Jock economy.
    You can have them, they are completely fooked and clearly unfixable.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    shows new levels of cretinness
    Please eek, don't make me add you to my sasguru list!

PS CUK, please make a new "add to sasguru list (biggest twat in Christendom)" category.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    As a nationalist, I am all in favour of the Scots being in control of their own destiny. Good luck to them. For exactly the same reason I am totally opposed to any currency union. We, like them, should be able to control our own economy without reference to a foreign state whose policies we have no control over.

The idea that they should be able to walk away from their debt unless they share our currency is absurd. They can have their own currency and shoulder their own debt, the rest of the UK can have its own currency and shoulder its own debt. What is remotely unreasonable about that?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    They're biting sooner than I expected....
    No just eating as king shows new levels of cretinness....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You really don't have a clue how markets work do you
    They're biting sooner than I expected....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    On a daily basis Scotland generates a surplus of electricity between 30-35% that is sent over the border. I guess it'll be useful to keep it this side of the boarder to reduce electricity prices.
    Will it stop the Scots whining?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    On a daily basis Scotland generates a surplus of electricity between 30-35% that is sent over the border. I guess it'll be useful to keep it this side of the boarder to reduce electricity prices.
    You really don't have a clue how markets work do you

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Compulsary liposuction for the fat fookers. How is the market in human fat these days?
    The first rule of fat club...

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Compulsary liposuction for the fat fookers. How is the market in human fat these days?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    How will they maintain the peg with no foreign currency reserves? That oil money wont last long...

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Soviet sailors spending hard earned rubles in ports currently used by the Royal Navy
    I don't think that's the kind of pegging he had in mind

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    How will they maintain the peg with no foreign currency reserves? That oil money wont last long...
    Soviet sailors spending hard earned rubles in ports currently used by the Royal Navy

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    $cottish $overeigns until such point euro zone entry agreed.

Rate - 1 $$ to 10 GBP.

HTH

P.S. I'd be happy to run Scottish Central Bank for $$ 100000 per year...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    $cottish $overeigns until such point euro zone entry agreed.

Rate - 1 $$ to 10 GBP.

HTH

P.S. I'd be happy to run Scottish Central Bank for $$ 100000 per year...
    For 20% I would be happy to let you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X