• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Winner takin its toll..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Much as it pains me to side with GG... but Tyke... "Whoosh" is the word which springs to mind.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Do I take it the "winner" that is in the title is an extension of the affected typing style which produced "inneresting"? If so please, please FOAD.

Another sockpuppet which is about as believable as Danny La Rue.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    From Wikipedia:

Nah, that's me out!
    Rules most of us out!!

Last edited by oscarose; 10 February 2014, 21:12. Reason: ! added

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Sounds like a case of seasonal affective disorder.
    From Wikipedia:

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression, summer blues, or seasonal depression, was considered a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer.
    Nah, that's me out!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    No. I just get run down at this time of year. Even more miserable this year with all this foul rain.

And as I look out of my office window on this gloomy Monday lunchtime, the black clouds, which are scudding a matter of just a few feet clear of the rooftops of Southampton, just seem to add to my perceived sense of oppression. It's almost claustrophobic.

Oh to see the sun again!
    Sounds like a case of seasonal affective disorder.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You could also try taking vitamin D.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The missus has a daylight lamp thing, really really bright, I guess one of those lightboxes you refer to. Supposed real medical benefits of exposure to "outside-strength" light.

She also has a dawn lamp which is a regular bulb that simulates walking up gradually as the sun shines into the room.

Make sure you go outside even when it's grey though, one of the worst things is when your commute means you are never outside during daylight hours.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are you a vegetarian by any chance?
    No. I just get run down at this time of year. Even more miserable this year with all this foul rain.

And as I look out of my office window on this gloomy Monday lunchtime, the black clouds, which are scudding a matter of just a few feet clear of the rooftops of Southampton, just seem to add to my perceived sense of oppression. It's almost claustrophobic.

Oh to see the sun again!

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Are you a vegetarian non-existent by any chance?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I feel bloody awful today. In fact, I've been feeling pretty rough for a few weeks now.

Tired, headachy, weak, bitter taste in my mouth. All very non-specific but I generally feel blooarghhh...

Anyone else? Reckon it's the time of year. I seem to get it worse every year.

Perhaps I'll invest in one of those lightoxes. Better still, 2 weeks in the Caymans....sigh...
    Are you a vegetarian by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it OK to mock her spelling when she's ill?
    That's poor form old boy. She's under the pump.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Is it OK to mock her spelling when she's ill?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Bananas. Allegedly.
    Pineapple

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Get him to improve his diet
    Bananas. Allegedly.