• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winner takin its toll...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it OK to mock her spelling when she's ill?
    That's poor form old boy. She's under the pump.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      I feel bloody awful today. In fact, I've been feeling pretty rough for a few weeks now.

Tired, headachy, weak, bitter taste in my mouth. All very non-specific but I generally feel blooarghhh...

Anyone else? Reckon it's the time of year. I seem to get it worse every year.

Perhaps I'll invest in one of those lightoxes. Better still, 2 weeks in the Caymans....sigh...
      Are you a vegetarian by any chance?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Are you a vegetarian non-existent by any chance?
        FTFY
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Are you a vegetarian by any chance?
          No. I just get run down at this time of year. Even more miserable this year with all this foul rain.

And as I look out of my office window on this gloomy Monday lunchtime, the black clouds, which are scudding a matter of just a few feet clear of the rooftops of Southampton, just seem to add to my perceived sense of oppression. It's almost claustrophobic.

Oh to see the sun again!

Comment

The missus has a daylight lamp thing, really really bright, I guess one of those lightboxes you refer to. Supposed real medical benefits of exposure to "outside-strength" light.

She also has a dawn lamp which is a regular bulb that simulates walking up gradually as the sun shines into the room.

Make sure you go outside even when it's grey though, one of the worst things is when your commute means you are never outside during daylight hours.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You could also try taking vitamin D.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

No. I just get run down at this time of year. Even more miserable this year with all this foul rain.

And as I look out of my office window on this gloomy Monday lunchtime, the black clouds, which are scudding a matter of just a few feet clear of the rooftops of Southampton, just seem to add to my perceived sense of oppression. It's almost claustrophobic.

Oh to see the sun again!
                Sounds like a case of seasonal affective disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Sounds like a case of seasonal affective disorder.
                  From Wikipedia:

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression, summer blues, or seasonal depression, was considered a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer.
                  Nah, that's me out!

Comment

From Wikipedia:

Nah, that's me out!
                    Rules most of us out!!

Last edited by oscarose; 10 February 2014, 21:12. Reason: ! added
                    one day at a time

Comment

Do I take it the "winner" that is in the title is an extension of the affected typing style which produced "inneresting"? If so please, please FOAD.

Another sockpuppet which is about as believable as Danny La Rue.

Comment

Working...
                      X