• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Misuse of technical terms"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    One common word that is misused in IT circles is template.
    This is a proper template, IT for the use of.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Here is a good example of what double-G's is on about

This is a misuse. its Simon TEMPLAR, not, as manyIT geeks insist, Simon Template

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm learning Elgg at the minute, because I want to. I'm in love with it at the minute.
    Suity, this chick obviously needs her requirements gathered.

So, get to the phonebox, get changed into your Suity-Hero costume and sort this out !

(Apologies for using the word 'chick' as it's slightly sexist and I know bitches don't like that)

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    someone has been misusing the sockie template again recently.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I'm learning Elgg at the minute, because I want to. I'm in love with it at the minute.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    We're not using templates at all. None Of that detail in that link is relevant to what we are doing. But yet, it still wants us to specify a template even though the template is a url
    Ah, so user error. You're supposed to set up templates, but you haven't. Then you're complaining because it wants to know which template to use.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A URL is a particular kind of URI.

That's probably not relevant, but throwing it out there helps muddy the waters a little

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Working with Templates

Looks like a template to me.
    We're not using templates at all. None Of that detail in that link is relevant to what we are doing. But yet, it still wants us to specify a template even though the template is a url

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Working with Templates

Looks like a template to me.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
    Which CMS was this?
    *hack, spit* Ektron * hack, spit*

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
    Which CMS was this?
    PHPNuke

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    Which CMS was this?

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is it a URL or is it in fact a template URI?
    No, a URL.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The field was labelled template. How in Gods name am I to deduce it's a URL just from that?
    Is it a URL or is it in fact a template URI?

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Because that would be a misuse of the technical terms. It is a URI template, so that's what it's called.
    The field was labelled template. How in Gods name am I to deduce it's a URL just from that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X