• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Test Lead's question"

Collapse

• Barley
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    No code would ever get written as the requirements would never get defined as the stakeholders would never attend workshops.

So there would be nothing to test, ergo, bug free.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    No code would ever get written as the requirements would never get defined as the stakeholders would never attend workshops.

Lots of code would still get written because coders need something to do instead of having sexual relations with another person.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    ...needs a Poll
    Done

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, I don't think any of us believe that.

Chaps and Chappesses! Does anybody believe that?
    The opinion of the heretics is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

...needs a Poll

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    but if i pass on my delusional-ness, that would be the end of bugs and the role of tester would cease to exist.
    ftfy hth bikiw

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    But if I pass on my awesomeness, that would be the end of bugs and the role of tester would cease to exist.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    More Suity programmers please!

Suity, why don't you start up a school of Suitydom to teach programming and project management? Lots of testers might be persuaded to invest in it!
    But if I pass on my awesomeness, that would be the end of bugs and the role of tester would cease to exist.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    potentially but in my agile world a test team consists of testers and developers - so you test and remove bugs on the fly

I watched 3 weeks worth of testing get wasted because the teams involved insisted on strict waterfall but they found a bug early on which stopped much of the testing

however because testing was not complete they could not move into re-work

crazy!
    But billable.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Barley View Post
    I dont agree, its not the test teams responsibilty to ensure the product is bug free. It is their responsibility to show the presence of defects (bugs) against test criteria and coverage. Even then is almost impossible to ensure the product is bug free.

Its not the test teams job to make a product work nor ensure that defects are resolved. Test teams test against criteria and report the results and provide further guidance, impact and risk assessment. Its the project teams responsibility to make decisions based on this, e.g. go, no-go, fix in next phase / implement live workaround etc
    potentially but in my agile world a test team consists of testers and developers - so you test and remove bugs on the fly

I watched 3 weeks worth of testing get wasted because the teams involved insisted on strict waterfall but they found a bug early on which stopped much of the testing

however because testing was not complete they could not move into re-work

crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Barley
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Sorry yes I do not expect all bugs to be found what I expect is that all various user stories, business processess etc etc etc have been tested and found to work.

if bugs exist elsewhere then yes they will not be found.

however for me it is still down to the test phase to ensure the product is bug free based on the agreed test criteria

I dont agree, its not the test teams responsibilty to ensure the product is bug free. It is their responsibility to show the presence of defects (bugs) against test criteria and coverage. Even then is almost impossible to ensure the product is bug free.

Its not the test teams job to make a product work nor ensure that defects are resolved. Test teams test against criteria and report the results and provide further guidance, impact and risk assessment. Its the project teams responsibility to make decisions based on this, e.g. go, no-go, fix in next phase / implement live workaround etc

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well you keep people in work so I suppose to them you are.....
    More Suity programmers please!

Suity, why don't you start up a school of Suitydom to teach programming and project management? Lots of testers might be persuaded to invest in it!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I'm indispensable, me.
    Well you keep people in work so I suppose to them you are.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X