• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Murray - Federer. Listening on the radio."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No, but he does look a bit like Jimmy Carr...........according to my daughter at least....
    Yeah I can see that. His face lets him down a bit too, just not as badly (IMO as a straight man obviously).

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Federer is more aesthetically beautiful and doesn't look like a chipmunk.
    No, but he does look a bit like Jimmy Carr...........according to my daughter at least....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ooh, the semi and final are going to be on BBC2 (and some womens' matches too)

BBC Sport - Australian Open 2014: Live tennis on the BBC

Australian Open on TV
    Friday 24 January
    08:15-12:00, BBC Two, Men's singles semi-final
    Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal

Sunday 26 January
    08:15-12:00, BBC Two, Men's singles final

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    I was talking about his 2013 performances.
    OK, you are taking his resurgence of form of his success over the course of the past year

Struggling to win in straight sets?
    You would expect the world number one to break the serve of the number 17 (who has never been past the quarter finals of a grand slam) at least once and make it stick.

The reports describe the match as a duel, a battle, a struggle...
    Last edited by DirtyDog; 22 January 2014, 15:23.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Hmmm... This does leave me with a bit of a dilemma. Who has the nicest pins? Hmm....
    Surely Nadal has the better body but Federer is more aesthetically beautiful and doesn't look like a chipmunk.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Nadal struggled against Nishikori 7-5 7-6 7-6 and again in the QF against Dimitrov 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-2. Compared to how he played when he came back from injury last year, I wouldn't say that's a resurgence.
    I was talking about his 2013 performances.

Struggling to win in straight sets?

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Federer-Nadal sounds like it should be fun. Both are enjoying a resurgence of form.
    Hmmm... This does leave me with a bit of a dilemma. Who has the nicest pins? Hmm....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe someone else can win the French this year too.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Federer-Nadal sounds like it should be fun. Both are enjoying a resurgence of form.
    Nadal struggled against Nishikori 7-5 7-6 7-6 and again in the QF against Dimitrov 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-2. Compared to how he played when he came back from injury last year, I wouldn't say that's a resurgence.

Roger seems to have focussed with Edberg on shortening the points and coming to the net a lot more - before his match he'd had 120+ net points compared to Murray's 50 something. I think he knows that in the longer power-rallies, he stands a higher chance of losing to the other guys around, so is going back to the net game at the risk of being passed, where he has a better chance of winning.

Nadal or Federer to win in the final, and I hope it's Federer.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Fed wins -

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Murray has done well to come back so well, this was really a nothing to lose tournament. But still, it sounds like Roger played very very well which hasn't happened for a little while.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ich auch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Murray saves 6th break points

Opened a Franziskaner

He's hanging in there and if it were not for him coming back from injury I'd think he had a good chance. I don't think he will be able to keep pace with Fed.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Murray saves 6th break points

Opened a Franziskaner

Leave a comment:

Working...
X