• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murray - Federer. Listening on the radio.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed wins -
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Federer-Nadal sounds like it should be fun. Both are enjoying a resurgence of form.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Federer-Nadal sounds like it should be fun. Both are enjoying a resurgence of form.
        Nadal struggled against Nishikori 7-5 7-6 7-6 and again in the QF against Dimitrov 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-2. Compared to how he played when he came back from injury last year, I wouldn't say that's a resurgence.

Roger seems to have focussed with Edberg on shortening the points and coming to the net a lot more - before his match he'd had 120+ net points compared to Murray's 50 something. I think he knows that in the longer power-rallies, he stands a higher chance of losing to the other guys around, so is going back to the net game at the risk of being passed, where he has a better chance of winning.

Nadal or Federer to win in the final, and I hope it's Federer.
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Maybe someone else can win the French this year too.

Comment

Hmmm... This does leave me with a bit of a dilemma. Who has the nicest pins? Hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
              Nadal struggled against Nishikori 7-5 7-6 7-6 and again in the QF against Dimitrov 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-2. Compared to how he played when he came back from injury last year, I wouldn't say that's a resurgence.
              I was talking about his 2013 performances.

Struggling to win in straight sets?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                Hmmm... This does leave me with a bit of a dilemma. Who has the nicest pins? Hmm....
                Surely Nadal has the better body but Federer is more aesthetically beautiful and doesn't look like a chipmunk.

Comment

I was talking about his 2013 performances.
                  OK, you are taking his resurgence of form of his success over the course of the past year

Struggling to win in straight sets?
                  You would expect the world number one to break the serve of the number 17 (who has never been past the quarter finals of a grand slam) at least once and make it stick.

The reports describe the match as a duel, a battle, a struggle...
                  Last edited by DirtyDog; 22 January 2014, 15:23.
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Ooh, the semi and final are going to be on BBC2 (and some womens' matches too)

BBC Sport - Australian Open 2014: Live tennis on the BBC

Australian Open on TV
                    Friday 24 January
                    08:15-12:00, BBC Two, Men's singles semi-final
                    Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal

Sunday 26 January
                    08:15-12:00, BBC Two, Men's singles final

Comment

Federer is more aesthetically beautiful and doesn't look like a chipmunk.
                      No, but he does look a bit like Jimmy Carr...........according to my daughter at least....

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X