• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trip of a lifetime - I can't wait!"

Collapse

• ASB
    replied
    Yep, back in '91 they established the hub at BRS. This was still a very small airport then. As the expansion got granted I think BA sensed the opportunity to add routes so it became part of BA connect mid-late 90s. Think that means it is now effectively in FlyBe hands - who still operate some of those routes.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Used to fly lhr - newquay with them fairly regularly. Then BRS-CDG very regularly. That's when they still had the dash 7's. Seem to recall they moved onto dash 8's before getting soaked into BA.
    Oh is that what happened to them?

My ex was flying Dorniers when he was with them.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal;
    used to fly for Brymon Airways (who I doubt many of you would have heard of as they were a very small regional airline serving the south west).
    Used to fly lhr - newquay with them fairly regularly. Then BRS-CDG very regularly. That's when they still had the dash 7's. Seem to recall they moved onto dash 8's before getting soaked into BA.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I was on Concorde just after Christmas, that is one cosey plane for a man my size.

My Aunt took 30 of the family to the Fleet Air Arm Museum for our Xmas family get together.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Oct 1997 RAF Mount Pleasant, Falkland Islands.

Because I got them out of the crap, got a clean wing back seater in a Tornado F3.

Amongst other stuff,

7G turn into A6 alley, barrel rolled over the ridge into attack run on a frigate in San Carlos water.

Out over the sea for loop the loop and cuban twists followed by supersonic.

You can't buy that

Wow! What did you say you did to earn that ride? Bet you needed a strong stomach for that!

An ex BF of mine used to fly for Brymon Airways (who I doubt many of you would have heard of as they were a very small regional airline serving the south west).

He would often do the Plymouth - Channel Islands run on a Friday night and I'd often go along for the ride in the cockpit. Used to be quite a long turnaround too so we'd get to have dinner before heading back.

No barrel rolls though! Don't think my stomach could have coped after a slap up binge at Crabby Jacks...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Because I got them out of the crap, got a clean wing back seater in a Tornado F3.

Amongst other stuff,

7G turn into A6 alley, barrel rolled over the ridge into attack run on a frigate in San Carlos water.

You can't buy that
    And the spaghetti?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

Amongst other stuff,

You can't buy that

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Sorry, should have mentioned supersonic overland...
    Dispensation was given for supersonic overland. Cornwall to west coast of scotland. Not normal though.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Last time I went on a DC10 I was sick twice. But I was three.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    The first flight I ever took was in 1972 on one of these (with the same livery too)....

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Oh no! Better not let me folks know.

Anyhow, I have 24 hours on the ground in Dhaka to take in the sights and have a few curries before being airborne. That'll be fun.
    Well, it will be if your idea of fun is spending the whole duration of the flight glued to the karzi.

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    One hour flight from Birmingham to Birmingham in February (22nd, 23rd, 24th) - £100 or £150 Three flights available each day, seats still available.

News
    Oh no! Better not let me folks know.

Anyhow, I have 24 hours on the ground in Dhaka to take in the sights and have a few curries before being airborne. That'll be fun.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    But I've never been on a DC10
    What is the attraction of flying on a DC10?

I had a DC10 flight 10 years ago and thought it was quite pleasant. But I can't quite put my finger on the reason why.
    I think the seats were a little wider than in normal cattle class.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It used to go up from Filton on its test flights - that's over land.
    Sorry, should have mentioned supersonic overland...

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    One hour flight from Birmingham to Birmingham in February (22nd, 23rd, 24th) - £100 or £150 Three flights available each day, seats still available.

News
    Daaamn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X