• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Toy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Toy"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Did anyone else buy their kids a bike for Xmas?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    When I was a lad Cow Horn handlebars were the rage.

Great for giving your buddies lifts. Oh, and wheelies of course.
    Both at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Before I even read this thread I knew from the title it would be a bike.
    Two wheeled pedal driven mode of transport, or promiscuous woman?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Before I even read this thread I knew from the title it would be a bike.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Look out pothole!!

Plenty of those about this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Look out pothole!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You could, but the bike would probably be safer and more reliable
    Yes bicycles are 10 times safer than cars. Or 100 times if the missus is driving.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    I've got two mercs on the drive, each cost less than that, one I've had for over three years, I've done about forty thousand miles in, the other a year and a half, done about fifteen thousand. Two tail-pipes and two bulbs. Safe as houses, 40-45 mpg, comfortable, and reliable as gravity.

I saw some big fat feller on one of these little spindly bikes hit a pothole and nearly bounce off the thing! They should be kept off the roads and on tracks, they're not fit for road use IMHO (and I used to do a lot of cycling back in the day)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You could by a car for that

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You could by a car for that

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    What is it?
    It's one of those new fangled Bicycle things that seem to be all the rage at the moment. I thought I might give it a try and see what all the fuss was about.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Just picked it up and had it fitted.

But with these wheels.

Looked at tomorrows weather forecast and it may have to stay indoors for a few days
    What is it?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I hope you got it in the Matte Black
    Nope, green and white. Black is sooooo last year dahling

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    To the OP - will you use it for commuting?

No. Got the cheap steel single speed for that. This is the posh bike for club rides etc on nice days. Still have my old Specialized Allez that has now been relegated to winter trainer status.

Went out this morning and did about 70 miles, glad I didn't take the new bike as although it stayed dry the roads were wet and the amount of muck coming off them was horrible.
    Last edited by DaveB; 5 January 2014, 16:00.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Tech not getting so far away from that. The version I've ordered has GPS nav and first person perspective control so I can use a tablet or goggles to fly the thing - real drone stuff. Too many features to mention, Google DJI Phantom and look at the vids on YouTube.
    Can you get some guns strapped to it so you can shoot the fecking cyclists?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    To the OP - will you use it for commuting?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X