• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trains - Advance fares etc"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Whatever Eek. You don't know me, have never met me, and probably never will. Why would you think I even give a toss about what you think about me?

Seriously, its an internet forum, we're all strangers on here. Yes, I'm interested in others opinions and experiences etc - which is why I ask questions. What I'm not interested in is this nastiness.
    How do you know other posters have never met you or won't?

They aren't going to come forward due to your posts on here.

Also people behind keyboards can be more nasty or more pleasant in real life.

Btw quit asking questions on here that aren't related to contracting. There are other sites with forums were you can ask questions like this. Alternatively Google and see what comes up.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Whatever Eek. You don't know me, have never met me, and probably never will. Why would you think I even give a toss about what you think about me?

Seriously, its an internet forum, we're all strangers on here. Yes, I'm interested in others opinions and experiences etc - which is why I ask questions. What I'm not interested in is this nastiness.
    The problem is that your questions continually show gross stupidity and cluelessness starting with the whining about your last but one contract, then the 12 hour days of the previous contract and the poor rate (woe is me) of your current stopgap contract....

Then when we point it out to you, instead of mending your ways you hide in the professional forums or go running to a mod......

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    I travel to Euston from Chester regularly and book fixed on way down, but flexible on way back. It costs about £20 more but it is worth it as sometimes even an early dart can present itself.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nope. It allows me to insult you for your lack of thinking, common sense, professionalism and all the other traits that makes you an unprofessional whiner that gives other contractors a bad name....

the fact that you asks such stupid questions in the professional forums highlights why the mods are happy to move your posts to forums where we can call you what we actually think you are.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Moving it to general just means you're, in effect, giving permission to the idiots on here to play their childish little games though.
    Nope. It allows me to insult you for your lack of thinking, common sense, professionalism and all the other traits that makes you an unprofessional whiner that gives other contractors a bad name....

the fact that you asks such stupid questions in the professional forums highlights why the mods are happy to move your posts to forums where we can call you what we actually think you are.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Checkout splitting the tickets too. Especially if you end up changing lines at any point.
    I get to London with travel card on a day return for £59 with a split ticket. If I don't split it at Cambridge it costs £96.
    Heard about splitting on the moneydiet site. Fair bit of difference then.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You may NOT insult PC in the professional forums. But, come on Psychocandy, surely you can see your post was just a bit of a brainfart? On those grounds, I've moved it to General.
    Moving it to general just means you're, in effect, giving permission to the idiots on here to play their childish little games though.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Give me strength. Do you need help tying your shoe laces as well.....

Mods can you move this to general or is it still OK to insult PC in the professional forums....
    You may NOT insult PC in the professional forums. But, come on Psychocandy, surely you can see your post was just a bit of a brainfart? On those grounds, I've moved it to General.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Checkout splitting the tickets too. Especially if you end up changing lines at any point.
    I get to London with travel card on a day return for £59 with a split ticket. If I don't split it at Cambridge it costs £96.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Hmmm. Nothing better to do today I see eek.
    Plenty of better things to do today but they aren't as much fun

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Buy a 1st Class sesson ticket
    LOL. Bit steep that mind.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Mods can you move this to general or is it still OK to insult PC in the professional forums....
    Hmmm. Nothing better to do today I see eek.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    simple

Following on from my other post - Never been one for commuting on train so not really used to it all. I see ticket types have changed recently.

Train costs into London at peak times seem very expensive. However, notice there are some bargains to be had in advance fares.

Of course, trouble is your stuck to the train time and they're not refundable (although I see they can be changed for a fee). Although, what happens if you wait until an hour before departure and then want to change it to an hour later - will they sell you another cheap advance fare or do you then just get credit towards same day standard ticket?

Seems to make quite a bit of difference in terms of cost. Some huge bargains to be had (for instance, from south wales it seems if you catch train 30 mins earlier its sometimes £70 cheaper in FC for a standard ticket later - dead early mind but easier to kip in FC!)

All well and good in the morning when you can plan it but I guess you've got to plan your exit from client site carefully to make sure you catch said train.

What do most of your train commuters do? Buy advance and make sure you leave on time or buy flexible because its too much hassle if you get delayed in the office?

Of course, none of this a biggie if your in the car. 10 mins etc doesnt make you miss the train.....
    Buy a 1st Class sesson ticket

Leave a comment:

• Murder1
    replied

That's another thread, be patient

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Of course, trouble is your stuck to the train time and they're not refundable (although I see they can be changed for a fee). Although, what happens if you wait until an hour before departure and then want to change it to an hour later - will they sell you another cheap advance fare or do you then just get credit towards same day standard ticket?

Seems to make quite a bit of difference in terms of cost. Some huge bargains to be had (for instance, from south wales it seems if you catch train 30 mins earlier its sometimes £70 cheaper in FC for a standard ticket later - dead early mind but easier to kip in FC!)

All well and good in the morning when you can plan it but I guess you've got to plan your exit from client site carefully to make sure you catch said train.

What do most of your train commuters do? Buy advance and make sure you leave on time or buy flexible because its too much hassle if you get delayed in the office?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X