• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Low Carb - High Fat diet"

Collapse

• yasockie
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    The point is eating wheat increases you appetite making it very difficult to eat in moderation, try taking heroin in moderation, 6 weeks later you will be offering personal services for a 5 gram bag.
    Love the comment, sounds like you're talking from experience?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The key is low carb not zero carb. You also need veg and some fruit. Cutting those out will lead to constipation and dietary deficiencies.
    I was only half watching it but I could plainly see the fat only chap eating broccoli at one point which as far as I know is a vegetable with carbohydrate in it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anyone watch horizon?

Did Russell?
    It's too high brow for him.

Anyway to break it down into simple terms what your Nan said was right all along. Treats are just that NOT meal substitutes.

Though I was hoping those filled doughnuts had jam in them......

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Ice View Post
    Check out the BBC iPlayer for Horizon: Sugar v Fat (originally shown on BBC2, 29/01/14 @ 21.00 - 22.00) and make your own decision. Basically, any extreme course of action or "quick fix" is gonna end in tears..
    The key is low carb not zero carb. You also need veg and some fruit. Cutting those out will lead to constipation and dietary deficiencies.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Ice
    replied
    Check out the BBC iPlayer for Horizon: Sugar v Fat (originally shown on BBC2, 29/01/14 @ 21.00 - 22.00) and make your own decision. Basically, any extreme course of action or "quick fix" is gonna end in tears..

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Anyone watch horizon?

Did Russell?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    My body fat was measured again last Friday.
    I've been losing about 1% per week but maintained weight. Still just a smidgen above 20% though (20.5% to be precise), lots lots lots more work to do in the new year!
    Overall my thigh and waist measurements were down and my chest and biceps were up. So things are moving in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I wonder what sport Ron Jeremy was good at?
    Juggling....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Erm, while we're on that question, sex life can be quite dramatically improved by fitness. Seriously. Fit people tend to have more sex and more intense orgasms than less fit people. It's no coincidence that thousands of condoms are handed out in the Olympic village; they're at it like rabbits in there.
    I wonder what sport Ron Jeremy was good at?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I went out with my bow and arrow (stone tip, metal is toxic) and killed a wild rabbit and ate that raw including its organs, then I sucked the tits of a cow for raw milk.
    What ever....

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    I went out with my bow and arrow (stone tip, metal is toxic) and killed a wild rabbit and ate that raw including its organs, then I sucked the tits of a cow for raw milk.
    Wild? It must have been positively furious.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Well I had chicken vindaloo, garlic nan with a pakora starter last night, later on some caramel cake and then mince pies with cream.

None of which a caveman would find lying about in the paleolithic period.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I've been rubbish since the clocks changed.

Used to cycle to/from work, but don't like cycling home in the dark.

Ditto with my run round the pond after work.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I couldn't do that, not if I wanted to get to work at a sensible time... I assume you go to work via the gym?
    Gym is only 10 minutes walk from mid week digs so I get up at 6.30, in the gym by 6.50, hours workout then back by 8 for a shower and then get to the office by 9
    Last contract was similar but I had to be at the gym by 6.30
    before that I was up at 5.45, drove for an hour to get to the gym near the office and then showered and dressed there after working out

The feeling of having had a heavy workout is quite nice, especially in winter as it keeps me feeling toasty all morning

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I go to the gym first thing in the morning to avoid that
    most mornings I have to tell myself "I'll be fine once I've warmed up" and most mornings I am!
    It was tough over the summer when I was suffering from the usual seasonal insomnia, working out after 4 hours sleep is extra hard work
    I couldn't do that, not if I wanted to get to work at a sensible time... I assume you go to work via the gym?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X