• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Work WC etiquette

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Work WC etiquette"

Collapse

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ... It's no grosser than someone taking a dump 6" away.

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Only 6"? That's pretty gross!!
    It's certainly "niche"

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's no grosser than someone taking a dump 6" away.
    Only 6"? That's pretty gross!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can't see a problem with someone blowing their nose and spitting in the basin as long as they rinse it out. It's no grosser than someone taking a dump 6" away.

Blowing your nose that way is actually quite effective when you've a cold...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    In one clientco trap (well, first ever job, 1979...) someone had written something in small letters at the very bottom of the trap door.

I leant forward to read it and it said...

'You are now shiiting at 45 degrees'

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Mich you are on fire. I'm all out of faeces related one-liners.
    Just turn the other cheek

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Absolutely not. Standard bob practice? Absolutely. You can't spend more than 10 mins on the throne without someone coming in and doing this in our office. I have to walk the entire length of the site to find a bob free loo I can crack one off in nowadays. Disgraceful.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I was staying with some friends over in the east of Germany and they were telling me stories of the old days behind the Iron Curtain. They used to have some Russians stationed just up the road from them and they popped over to have a look. The soldiers had poured sacks of potatoes into the toilets as they thought they were automatic potato peelers, they had never seen proper toilets...
    Probably misheard someone saying they could 'defect' into the fields.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    sorry. Just going through the motions.
    I wouldn't hold it against you if it was number two on your list though.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I believe according to some of the more scattier Teutonic video literature, that you are describing a glass table.
    Ah, that brings back memories. I could tell you stories about Germans and their scatological habits but I'll leave that to everyone's imagination...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I was staying with some friends over in the east of Germany and they were telling me stories of the old days behind the Iron Curtain. They used to have some Russians stationed just up the road from them and they popped over to have a look. The soldiers had poured sacks of potatoes into the toilets as they thought they were automatic potato peelers, they had never seen proper toilets...
    I was on a train with some people like that yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I believe according to some of the more scattier Teutonic video literature, that you are describing a woman's chest.
    FTFY.

Not that I'd know.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Those are Soviet toilets.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Do the German toilets still have those funny little shelf's so one can inspect one's stool? Other than the German people themselves and their reliable transport system that's my favourite thing about Germany.
    I believe according to some of the more scattier Teutonic video literature, that you are describing a glass table.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Art can provide inspiration at such times. Here's a brain dump;

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Pedantry? Go and sit on the naughty stool!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X