• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where north begins and south ends..."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Visiting the other Lizard?
    Yep as I've mentioned before. Have friends down there (apart from the one on HMS Daring).

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That's fine as we are south of there for Christmas.
    Visiting the other Lizard?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    It all goes wrong when you get past Truro IMO...
    That's fine as we are south of there for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    It all goes wrong when you get past Truro IMO...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    In the old days, the North was defined by towns with football teams in the third division north, and likewise the South by third division south.

There are some teams who played in both at different times, like Shrewsbury, so if you join those up on a map, that's the border.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    You would think this lot would get GOT references.

Sent from Tapatalk on WP8

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Now I've bothered to RTFA I see it's based on a New Statesmen article. They're not entitled to an opinion on the north because they're leftist and therefore upper middle class posh boys who have never ventured beyond the north circular.

I am particularly annoyed with the left-filth this morning because I have just finished listening to Stella Creasey on Any Questions doing her "I'm battling for the little people, innit" bit. Another of the silver spoon brigade telling us that she knows best.

And if the twunt opposite me doesn't learn to at least chew with his mouth closed PDQ I am going to shove his keyboard down his throat. It would be even better if he stopped altogether the disgusting habit of chewing gum like a demented bovine.

A cheery good morning to you all.
    Ah yes, The Staggers - a hive of very severely mentally disturbed angry bitter individuals masquerading as journalists, such as the (ex) editor Mehdi "bonkers" Hasan. Why anyone bothers to buy magazines and opinionpapers nowadays is beyond me...

Eating with your mouth open - I can't believe your patience Grey! The urge to doubletap any uncouthed slackjaw doing that is so overpowering. At the last clientco, I had to time my lunch breaks as soon as old Dobbin the dentally challenged team lead came clip-clopping in with his nose bag before undertaking his ritualistic chomping of Tesco Finest cud right in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Pssst. Winter is coming....
    Its england, its always coming

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Pssst. Winter is coming....

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    The Neck...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Seems that people can't agree?
    The Neck...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Surely its simple.

Its the river Tees as symbolised by the crossing of the river everytime we get a new Bishop of Durham..

Durham is the land of the Prince Bishops because it was a wilderness where the King didn't want to go and so left it to the locals to manage.....

So anywhere South of County Durham / Cumbria is the south. Yorkshire is definitely not North as its supposedly God's own country.....

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Keep smiling - it's nearly Xmas!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Morning.

I'm pleased to see you're as cheery on this miserable Monday morning as I am.

It's taken all my self control not to tell the room full of dimwhitsesteemed customers to STFU & get on with some work.
    Keep smiling - it's nearly Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Now I've bothered to RTFA I see it's based on a New Statesmen article. They're not entitled to an opinion on the north because they're leftist and therefore upper middle class posh boys who have never ventured beyond the north circular.
    Where is that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X