• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you have a student loan?"

Collapse

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year.
    Depends what you did with the money. An extra £10k that you could put into property, at a boom time, would net more than £20 a year.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    You don't see the difference between the socially aware, I've grown up and cast off the shackles of my childhood Student Loans Company and borrowing & making money from evil robbing Banks?
    Government sells £900 million in student loans to debt collection company - News - Student - The Independent

Also I bet you didn't mind paying less tax when you were contracting, there for taking money away from the government, same as not paying student loan right away does?

All these self righteous early student loan re-payers are also arranging their tax affairs to pay less tax. I call BS!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    You are correct, I count coppers over a candle whereas you count Tesco points, totally different.
    You don't see the difference between the socially aware, I've grown up and cast off the shackles of my childhood Student Loans Company and borrowing & making money from evil robbing Banks?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    You see that's completely different. I don't expect you to understand that because of your limited intellect. Do you need me to explain it?

You are correct, I count coppers over a candle whereas you count Tesco points, totally different.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Says the guy who flipped credit cards for years and saves Tesco vouchers THEN boasts about it on here!!!!

You couldn't write this stuff.
    You see that's completely different. I don't expect you to understand that because of your limited intellect. Do you need me to explain it?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year. , plus it's inflation linked.

Frankly paying off my student loan set me apart from the rest. It meant I had arrived, I had cast off the shackles of my study and was able to contribute to society socially & financially. I paid it back so someone less off than me could have a chance to go to Uni, as opposed to you, you left wing, fingerless gloved Fagan counting his coppers over a low burning candle tosser.
    Says the guy who flipped credit cards for years and saves Tesco vouchers THEN boasts about it on here!!!!

You couldn't write this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sigh, overestimated the audience as usual.

I lend you a million pounds interest free over 50 years. You invest it in a higher rate vehicle still paying me back. The net is extra money you get for free.

HTH BIDI
    Student loans are a few grand and are not interest free. For the sake of making 1% on £10k, I'd rather sit there smug that I had paid off my loan. Borrowing money to invest is not something I have a problem with ideologically (I bet AtW does) but saying anyone who doesn't is daft is foolish. Not everything is about money.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I lend you a million pounds interest free over 50 years. You invest it in a higher rate vehicle still paying me back. The net is extra money you get for free.

HTH BIDI
    What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year. , plus it's inflation linked.

Frankly paying off my student loan set me apart from the rest. It meant I had arrived, I had cast off the shackles of my study and was able to contribute to society socially & financially. I paid it back so someone less off than me could have a chance to go to Uni, as opposed to you, you left wing, fingerless gloved Fagan counting his coppers over a low burning candle tosser.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think it was the phrase "free money" he may have been amused by.

I bet you get excited every time you see a cash point advertising "Free cash withdrawals"

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think it was the phrase "free money" he may have been amused by.

I bet you get excited every time you see a cash point advertising "Free cash withdrawals"

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Thousands of free money? What a fookin cretin.
    Sorry I forgot you don't deal in money, they are like loyalty points except you can spend them anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well done you were so well off in those early days contracting you could turn away thousands of free money, yet you are now scrounging tesco vouchers for free weekends away . I put mine into property and it is still increasing, still paying it back as slowly as legally possible.
    Thousands of free money? What a fookin cretin.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Maybe when you haven't got a pot to piss in like your good self, but at the time my pot floweth over.
    Well done you were so well off in those early days contracting you could turn away thousands of free money, yet you are now scrounging tesco vouchers for free weekends away . I put mine into property and it is still increasing, still paying it back as slowly as legally possible.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    But no sofa
    Sofas are overrated.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    But no sofa

Leave a comment:

Working...