• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a student loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was the phrase "free money" he may have been amused by.

I bet you get excited every time you see a cash point advertising "Free cash withdrawals"
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think it was the phrase "free money" he may have been amused by.

I bet you get excited every time you see a cash point advertising "Free cash withdrawals"

Sigh, overestimated the audience as usual.

I lend you a million pounds interest free over 50 years. You invest it in a higher rate vehicle still paying me back. The net is extra money you get for free.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post

I lend you a million pounds interest free over 50 years. You invest it in a higher rate vehicle still paying me back. The net is extra money you get for free.

HTH BIDI
        What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year. , plus it's inflation linked.

Frankly paying off my student loan set me apart from the rest. It meant I had arrived, I had cast off the shackles of my study and was able to contribute to society socially & financially. I paid it back so someone less off than me could have a chance to go to Uni, as opposed to you, you left wing, fingerless gloved Fagan counting his coppers over a low burning candle tosser.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

HTH BIDI
          Student loans are a few grand and are not interest free. For the sake of making 1% on £10k, I'd rather sit there smug that I had paid off my loan. Borrowing money to invest is not something I have a problem with ideologically (I bet AtW does) but saying anyone who doesn't is daft is foolish. Not everything is about money.
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year. , plus it's inflation linked.

Frankly paying off my student loan set me apart from the rest. It meant I had arrived, I had cast off the shackles of my study and was able to contribute to society socially & financially. I paid it back so someone less off than me could have a chance to go to Uni, as opposed to you, you left wing, fingerless gloved Fagan counting his coppers over a low burning candle tosser.
            Says the guy who flipped credit cards for years and saves Tesco vouchers THEN boasts about it on here!!!!

You couldn't write this stuff.

Comment

Says the guy who flipped credit cards for years and saves Tesco vouchers THEN boasts about it on here!!!!

You couldn't write this stuff.
              You see that's completely different. I don't expect you to understand that because of your limited intellect. Do you need me to explain it?

Comment

You see that's completely different. I don't expect you to understand that because of your limited intellect. Do you need me to explain it?

You are correct, I count coppers over a candle whereas you count Tesco points, totally different.

Comment

You are correct, I count coppers over a candle whereas you count Tesco points, totally different.
                  You don't see the difference between the socially aware, I've grown up and cast off the shackles of my childhood Student Loans Company and borrowing & making money from evil robbing Banks?

Comment

You don't see the difference between the socially aware, I've grown up and cast off the shackles of my childhood Student Loans Company and borrowing & making money from evil robbing Banks?
                    Government sells £900 million in student loans to debt collection company - News - Student - The Independent

Also I bet you didn't mind paying less tax when you were contracting, there for taking money away from the government, same as not paying student loan right away does?

All these self righteous early student loan re-payers are also arranging their tax affairs to pay less tax. I call BS!

Comment

What a fookin tool you are. You had a couple of grand, you'll be lucky if the net was £20 per year.
                      Depends what you did with the money. An extra £10k that you could put into property, at a boom time, would net more than £20 a year.
                      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                      X