• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who hear earns over £160,000"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    The comments on the DM article are quite depressing. Shouldn't the raging lefties be pleased about this? They seem to just want to rant about "the rich" whatever the weather..

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    "think tank"
    Is that like the "think bike" slogan for the battlefield?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Bollux. You can't buy a family or friends or a spouse (that mean amything) or good genes(yet) or a high IQ(yet).

You can in Thailand

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why is "left wing" an oxymoron?
    "think tank"

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    German taxes for one-man bands are higher than for one-man bands working under a Ltd. Co arrangement in the UK

So, there are 2 possibilities:

1. You're not paying enough German tax. You're stupid enough that this is a possibility.
    2. You haven't done your sums right. You're stupid enough that this is also a possibility.

Also approx. Euro 90K does not equal £160K.
    I know you're bad with numbers but still.
    or

3. I'm not a one-man band. My taxes are considered for a family unit, not just myself. This significantly lowers my liabilities.

Here in Deutschland Tax bracket III is very friendly towards families. Ltd co are for suckers.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    However don't pay UK taxes, I find HMRC too expensive for my liking.
    German taxes for one-man bands are higher than for one-man bands working under a Ltd. Co arrangement in the UK

So, there are 2 possibilities:

1. You're not paying enough German tax. You're stupid enough that this is a possibility.
    2. You haven't done your sums right. You're stupid enough that this is also a possibility.

Also approx. Euro 90K does not equal £160K.
    I know you're bad with numbers but still.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    How do you sleep at night?
    On a big pile of money surrounded by many beautiful ladies

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I think about Vodafone, Amazon and Starbucks.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Bollux. You can't buy a family or friends or a spouse (that mean amything) or good genes(yet) or a high IQ(yet).
    I would argue that money wealth is the least important, but then I'm well off.
    Not that well off if you can't buy a trophy wife.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I assume you're taking a year here? Then yes/perhaps. However don't pay UK taxes, I find HMRC too expensive for my liking.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    On a big pile of receipts

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    All of those other wealth types can be purchased by money wealth.
    I would argue that money wealth is the least important, but then I'm well off.
    Last edited by sasguru; 18 November 2013, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why is "left wing" an oxymoron?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Easily knowing that there is plenty of spare cash for a rainy bench.....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    In a Travelodge by the sound of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X