• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The UK is corrupt

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The UK is corrupt"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Well how would you like being stuffed head first into a deep fat fryer?
    It happens all the time

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Not when there are so many altruistic contractors around
    Did you mean autistic?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Here's an interesting link: 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The world is full of people with chips on their shoulders blaming everyone else for their woes
    Well how would you like being stuffed head first into a deep fat fryer?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    The UK is one of the least corrupt countries in the world. Everyone wants to post their contracts under UK law and be tried under UK law because our system of law and enforcement is the fairest there is because it favours corporate defendants and rich libel plaintiffs. May I suggest you tell us what your problem is first as CUK is an expert forum for discussing the merits of legal cases. It is free, objective and backed by a group of minds that is second to none in its infinite knowledge of every subject. Where it lacks knowledge it will make it up.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by masonryan View Post
    Don't just listen to what I say, even though you don't anyway, put it to the test. Try whistleblowing sometime. Try reporting misconduct of an 'important' person or someone with a posh title or some director sometime. They won't go there, trust me.
    The world is full of people with chips on their shoulders blaming everyone else for their woes

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you thought about counselling at all? You sound like a twat.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I agree with you but doesn't this confirm my opening statements? I'm saying that in the UK those of a particular echelon are virtually untouchable by the various rules and regulations of society.
    As a member of that echelon I just want to say that this is completely untrue. Just check in the echelon forum and you will see we have discussed this at length and found ourselves not guilty.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you thought about counselling at all? You sound like a very angry young man.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    And where or why does that differ from anywhere else in the world..

Name 1 country why complaining about an important person results in things changing and I will show you either 1 country that lies or someone who was disliked by someone more powerful.....
    I agree with you but doesn't this confirm my opening statements? I'm saying that in the UK those of a particular echelon are virtually untouchable by the various rules and regulations of society.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Don't just listen to what I say, even though you don't anyway, put it to the test. Try whistleblowing sometime. Try reporting misconduct of an 'important' person or someone with a posh title or some director sometime. They won't go there, trust me.

Admin, Cojack is bullying people again.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    And where or why does that differ from anywhere else in the world..

Name 1 country why complaining about an important person results in things changing and I will show you either 1 country that lies or someone who was disliked by someone more powerful.....
    Last edited by eek; 14 November 2013, 11:21.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    We don't have the open layer of what we call corruption that exists in other countries, openly bribing officials and such like but to them that is just doing business and more of an economic model, the real sneaky behind the scenes stuff we are up to out necks in.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm sorry, did you just suggest the UK press are a force against corruption?
    Guilty of corruption themselves maybe but as you well know anyone else who so much as steals a paperclip from the public sector is front page Daily Mail fodder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X