• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dublin

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dublin"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    In a thread about Dublin?
    There is a reason why we discuss Belfast. It's where dubliner's go to shop as everything is so blooming expensive

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Where else would you recommend in central Belfast? The cafe in the town hall is also very nice.

Belfast has a few decent restaurants but still rather lacks friendly bars and lets be honest many don't exactly welcome unknown faces....

I'm not really looking forward to our next visit now the eek jrs go to a catholic secondary school. Some of our irish friends were a mite unhappy.
    In a thread about Dublin?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Why did I not even have to open that link to know you mean the Crown and Europa!
    Where else would you recommend in central Belfast?

Belfast has a few decent restaurants but still rather lacks friendly bars and lets be honest many don't exactly welcome unknown faces....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Why did I not even have to open that link to know you mean the Crown and Europa!
    Because you're BFFs?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    sorry but I prefer

http://goo.gl/tZpIOZ

hotel opposite ain't bad if you want to stay over.

Can also recommend places on the way in Lisburn and Banbridge....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    FTFY
    Explain?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Go for it SY. However I wouldnt fancy doing your prison time after a stint in Germany and now possibly Dublin
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Go for it SY. However I wouldnt fancy doing your accounts after a stint in Germany and now possibly Dublin

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    sorry but I prefer

http://goo.gl/tZpIOZ

hotel opposite ain't bad if you want to stay over.

Can also recommend places on the way in Lisburn and Banbridge....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Even though the tight market at the moment I have the chance of a gig in Dublin. Had a call from the agent on Friday (junior person), who then asked if I was free for a call on Sunday. Of course.

Just had the Sunday call. I know the firm they are hiring for, and previously was accepted at interview but the project was canned (this was 2 years ago, and I found out from another contractor why the project was canned and it was common sense).

So this project in Dublin sounds like a real prospect, considering my niche BPM skills. And there is plenty of work.

So my question is, where is best for a pint in Dublin.
    http://goo.gl/maps/nvj0B

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Ask anyone that lives in Dublin and they will laugh if you suggest Temple bar for a decent pint. If you want a good night out then for sure go there, but a decent pint? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anywhere NOT in Temple Bar.
    Ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    So my question is, where is best for a pint in Dublin.
    Maybe you should refrain .... Wild rover

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Didn't Stek do a stint there?
    Guinness was 4.80 Euro a pint in local boozer, Heineken (90% of the lager is Heineken) was 5.40 Euro, in the city there's Temple Bar as others said or the Porterhouse on Nassau Street near Trinity, lots of variety but not cheap. In South Beacon Hotel Bar, one of the watering holes on my walk home, Peroni was 7.40 Euro, and in the Copper Bar, craft beers 300ml, about 9 Euro.

Don't expect to get any bar food for less than 12 euro, or a meal in restaurant for less than 20.00.

Takeways charge for delivery and taxi's are freakishly expensive, 12 euro on the meter before you've got anywhere...

Dublin is great though, stick to City Centre and avoid Tallaght! (Pronounced Tallah - the caught me out). Dublin Airport is North of the City, most of the work seems to be South, takes 90 mins to to get across the City. If you take your car, the signs are in kms, a red light means stop but six cars can go through after, you can turn left on red if no traffic, and there are Road Tolls everywhere.....

Its expensive, just bear that in mind...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Innit

Not got it yet though.
    I knew this thread had a theme.

Suity you plonker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X