• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas party invite - do you accept?"

Collapse

• rhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Is there anyone who actually likes company Christmas parties, except the overweight receptionists with highlights in their hair?
    I like those types.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Is there anyone who actually likes company Christmas parties, except the overweight receptionists with highlights in their hair?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I thought you had to go and knob the hot one from hr or something
    Never fiddle with HR or Finance, they are the only people at ClientCo that you always need on your side!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I thought you had to go and knob the hot one from hr or something

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I once went to a clientco party after my first day in a new contract! It was a good way of getting to know everyone.

I've been invited to my present clientco's party, which sounds OK apart from the dinner jacket requirement. Not keen on those sort of parties.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I hate Christmas.
    +1

+ 'parties' with colleagues

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My local client invites me but these are people I've known for years and worked with as a permie at a different company. If it wasn't in such an inconvenient location I might go.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I hate Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Funny, when I was a resentful maverick permie I loathed christmas parties and the higher the expectation to attend the less likely I
    was to go. Now I am a bum on seat temp I go because it seems churlish not to. Last year I had to go to two
    +1

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    Funny, when I was a resentful maverick permie I loathed christmas parties and the higher the expectation to attend the less likely I
    was to go. Now I am a bum on seat temp I go because it seems churlish not to. Last year I had to go to two

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    The companies that MyCo. contract with don't have Xmas parties paid for by TheirCo. If the employees of TheirCo. arrange their own party, I usually gatecrash at my own expense.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I've actually been invited this year and as IR35 doesn't affect me (and I have no clue what it is) I think I might go. Its not really a party as you have to pay for most of it yourself. first stop is a trendy Italian for food, second stop is the Weihnachtsmarkt for booze (Gluhwein, which I can't stand so I'll just drink the alternative, hot schnapps), third stop will probably be the pub. On the other hand I might not go as it'll be outside and cold and snowy and I'll probably turn up late the next day thus losing out on money...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    True my current place didn't invite contractors to their xmas party, the permies assumed we'd be gutted and couldn't understand why we were happy not to be!
    +1.

Though I have once or twice been smuggled in or twice on someone's ticket if they couldn't make it.

I just had to rely on the doorman not knowing Big Frank from Facilities...

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    True my current place didn't invite contractors to their xmas party, the permies assumed we'd be gutted and couldn't understand why we were happy not to be!
    Have a contractors "business meeting", get the Dom Perignon on tap, and expense the lot!

Leave a comment:

• Craig at Nixon Williams
    replied
    Perhaps they'll be gutted when they don't get invited to your company's Christmas party?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X