• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No case to answer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No case to answer"

Collapse

• tarbera
    replied
    £3 million in legal fees to prove you did not call someone a pleb

+ police costs

WGAS

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What gets me about that image is that she didn't actually say anything, just posted an image. Possibly she might of been commenting on how proud the people are of their country
    ..and West Ham.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What gets me about that image is that she didn't actually say anything, just posted an image. Possibly she might of been commenting on how proud the people are of their country

Even she did not try pull that one

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    She was obviously surprised that you could get a three bedroom house for under £2million and wanted to share the fact with the rest of the nation.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean this lovely image?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY

you think New Lie or the Lib Dims are different?
    You mean this lovely image?

Or this?

Lib Dims are too spineless to post such a tweet or insult people. They use to be called "sandal wearers" by a lot of people for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He's a senior Politician. Of course he's a liar who's habitually abusive and insulting to those he regards as his social inferiors. That's pretty much the definition of the term
    FTFY

you think New Lie or the Lib Dims are different?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    He's a senior Tory. Of course he's a liar who's habitually abusive and insulting to those he regards as his social inferiors. That's pretty much the definition of the term

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    FTFY

"I am delighted to hear again my innocence, my reputation and my integrity as a police officer has been recognised. I hope now that a line can be drawn and everyone can be left in peace," he added.
    Weighing up the competing claims, the judge said PC Rowland was "not the sort of man who would have had the wit, imagination or inclination to invent on the spur of the moment an account of what a senior politician had said to him in temper".

He added that gaps and inconsistencies in PC Rowland's account did not demonstrate he had fabricated his account, as Mr Mitchell's lawyers claimed.

If he was making up his account, PC Rowland would have had to have come up with the words within seconds, according to the judge.
    So the PC on duty was thick and 'couldn't have made it up' according to the judge, but as mentioned in this or another thread the word Pleb had been used on BB and there was a BBC 'comedy' called plebs running at the time.

However the accounts of various officers there were fabricated as borne out by CCTV.

I suspect Mitchell used a few choice phrases but Pleb probably wasn't one of them. The whole thing stank of a fit up. He probably is a Pratt but this time he may well of been in the right.

The report from the Independent Police Complaints Commission recommends that the three representatives, Insp Ken MacKaill, Det Sgt Stuart Hinton and Sgt Chris Jones should face gross misconduct proceedings.
    However, their three forces, West Mercia, West Midlands and Warwickshire, rejected the recommendations and said there was insufficient evidence to suggest that the officers had done more than exercise poor judgment. A previous investigation by the West Mercia force concluded that the three men had no case to answer for gross misconduct. However, Mrs May told the home affairs select committee yesterday that it was “quite wrong” for the three not to face disciplinary proceedings.
    This were the bunch the original post was about. Who held a meeting with Mitchell and consistently lied about the content luckily for Mitchell he had recorded it. The Police denied misconduct despite the recording. I & Ms May wanted them fired as this was not what one would expect from senior Police officers.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So let me see 3 police officers lied on official forms and to the public? Yet they aren't guilty of gross misconduct?

Discipline Plebgate police and say sorry to Andrew Mitchell, Theresa May tells forces - Telegraph

Now that means 2 years prison plus a book deal doesn't it?

No real sympathy for Mitchell he seems to be an arrogant muppet. but he did tell the truth?
    <cough>

BBC News - Andrew Mitchell 'probably called police plebs', judge rules

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Privatise them I say. Introduce some competition and let the market decide.
    <Deity> no!

The elected commissioners may have some effect.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    The police are in the public sector. Which becomes, over time, inefficient and corrupt.

There are no effective checks or balances on the activities of the police.
    Privatise them I say. Introduce some competition and let the market decide.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    The police are in the public sector. Which becomes, over time, inefficient and corrupt.

There are no effective checks or balances on the activities of the police.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy
    replied
    It doesn't paint the senior management in a very good light, no, I agree.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    I meant Police, as a whole, in the main aren't bad people.
    Difficult to believe following behaviour like this.

I have no doubt many of the rank and file Police officers are good people I have had the privilege to know some. There are also some absolute scumbags that haven't been thrown out.

However this clearly demonstrates some senior officers are liars and cheats who think they can get away with protecting officers committing crimes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X