• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If not in IT, then what would you do?"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    not quite (Jackie) Stewart Racing -> Jaguar (Ford) -> Red Bull
    Arrows went bust, but then Super Aguri moved into the same factory in Leafield before also going bust. And after sitting empty for a few years, it's now Caterham F1's new home. I can't remember if Super Aguri bought any part of Arrows or not.

Also:

Toleman -> Benneton -> Renault ->Lotus
    Tyrrel -> BAR -> Honda -> Brawn -> Mercedes
    Jordan -> Midland -> Spyker -> Force India
    Minardi -> Torro Rosso
    Sauber -> BMW -> Sauber

You could almost believe F1 wasn't a very stable business to be in.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Didn't they eventually morph into Jaguar then Red Bull? My memory is probably playing tricks.
    I applied to March in about 1991, I never heard back either before they sort of went tits up.
    not quite (Jackie) Stewart Racing -> Jaguar (Ford) -> Red Bull

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Deli/wine import business/possibly event organising - I'll get there eventually

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I applied for a job at Arrows once. Didn't get it.
    Didn't they eventually morph into Jaguar then Red Bull? My memory is probably playing tricks.
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    That might have been short lived. I had an interview with Honda F1, shortly before they pulled out and made half the workforce redundant. I never did hear back.
    I applied to March in about 1991, I never heard back either before they sort of went tits up.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'll do cycling art tours. We'll pootle about at a leisurely pace with lots of cake stops and look at nice pictures and architecture.

Actually, that reminds me, I've been meaning to pedal to Ewelme to have a look at the tomb of Alice de la Pole - very unusual in having a tomb in her own right, and not just as someone's wife (or royalty).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The selling part looks like hard work - you have to talk tulip for 30 minutes.
    I think most of us can do that.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Maybe a sports coach/fitness trainer/quack who sells exercise programmes on a shopping channel.
    The selling part looks like hard work - you have to talk tulip for 30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Maybe a sports coach/fitness trainer/quack who sells exercise programmes on a shopping channel.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I'm a software engineer, and I keep getting dropped "in IT"
    comes down to money doesn't it.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'm a software engineer, I don't consider myself "in IT".
    I'm a software engineer, and I keep getting dropped "in IT"

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    That might have been short lived. I had an interview with Honda F1, shortly before they pulled out and made half the workforce redundant. I never did hear back.

I'm a software engineer, I don't consider myself "in IT".

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    Professional cyclist, movie critic or travel writer.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Astrophysics and Astronomy are things I have always loved and dreamed to do.....

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    I'd love to have been a travel writer, or sports journalist, or maybe, even in my wildest dreams, a racing driver.

I think it would have to be something to do with cars though, maybe tuning professionally, or working for a racing team in a technical capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Hairy
    replied
    I'd love to have been a travel writer, or sports journalist, or maybe, even in my wildest dreams, a racing driver.

I think it would have to be something to do with cars though, maybe tuning professionally, or working for a racing team in a technical capacity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X