• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sounds like fun or not?"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was once sat on a bench smoking a bifter when a plained clothed policeman walked up to me, introduced himself and asked if I wanted to earn £20 being in a line up. I took it. Not bad for 10 minutes work in those days.
    Was that back in the days when they lined up 9 whites and one black suspect?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    My brother did penetration testing once when he was in the army. They had to break into as many military establishments in Gibraltar as they could. The were also told that the local police and the military units did not know about them so ... erm ... try to be careful!
    Myself and a few former colleagues once broke into Leicester Prison.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    One of my friends did security scenarios in the docklands. One time he had to walk around Canary Wharf with a fake suicide vest on, another time he had to go into the HSBC building with a parachute and try and get on the roof. It sounds like fun but would always be the nagging doubt in the back of your mind that the communication that it was only a simulation may not reach everyone.
    My brother did penetration testing once when he was in the army. They had to break into as many military establishments in Gibraltar as they could. The were also told that the local police and the military units did not know about them so ... erm ... try to be careful!

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    One of my friends did security scenarios in the docklands. One time he had to walk around Canary Wharf with a fake suicide vest on, another time he had to go into the HSBC building with a parachute and try and get on the roof. It sounds like fun but would always be the nagging doubt in the back of your mind that the communication that it was only a simulation may not reach everyone.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    You made me spit my coffee out!
    Mission accomplished

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    I've not heard that expression ever!
    Donkey's years.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So let me get this straight Doodab was pleasuring a lady of generous dimensions and MP wanted a piece of big booty?
    You made me spit my coffee out!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Not heard that expression in donks
    Is it because bifters died out due to over consumption?

nope never heard of bifter or Donks (I'm assuming you meant yonks?)

Ah Bifter is wacky baccy rolled.
    or

a fat chick?

Urban Dictionary: bifter

and donks

a very round, attractive ghetto syle booty

derivation: shortened form or badonkadonk
    damn, i wanna hit that fine donk.

or

classics and larger cars , mostly domestic, lifted and fitted with 20" wheels or greater.

Urban Dictionary: donks

So let me get this straight Doodab was pleasuring a lady of generous dimensions and MP wanted a piece of big booty?

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I've not heard that expression ever!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was once sat on a bench smoking a bifter

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I was once sat on a bench smoking a bifter when a plained clothed policeman walked up to me, introduced himself and asked if I wanted to earn £20 being in a line up. I took it. Not bad for 10 minutes work in those days.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I did a session for Casualties Union once - got a very realistic bit of glass sticking out my hand injury. Was great fun.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Forgot to mention they will be herding us into makeshift showers, presumably cold.

Hmmm. Given the time of the day, when many employed sorts will not have got back from work, could it be an Adolphesque plot to cull old people and the unemployed?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I was once invited to Porton Down to have some nerve agant dabbed on my arm. 9 out of 10 of us were given the placebo, we didnt know which till later.
    Of course with my luck, within 10 years my hair had fallen out, my teeth were wobbly and my belly swelled up to darts player proportions. and that was with the placebo.

I was always amazed that people actually volunteered. Feck me CS was enough once a year!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I was once invited to Porton Down to have some nerve agant dabbed on my arm. 9 out of 10 of us were given the placebo, we didnt know which till later.
    Of course with my luck, within 10 years my hair had fallen out, my teeth were wobbly and my belly swelled up to darts player proportions. and that was with the placebo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X