• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Can I Get?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I Get?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    They like literally make me incandescent with rage. Literally!!!!!
    wow soooooo like you are emitting light caused by being heated up.

Can I get you anything for that?
    Last edited by original PM; 12 November 2013, 12:25. Reason: speeeling

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Marshmellow. No such word.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    It's a disgrace. Eventually this is all that will be left of the country:

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    'How would you like your eggs?'
    followed by a 15 minute philosophical discussion using the full rhetorical force of dialectical idealism with a hint of Lewis Carollian wimsy thrown in

just giz a bluddy fried egg

Fertilised !

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Over easy?
    soft , middle or hard

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    "How was your food guys?"

Drive me fooking mad every time!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    followed by a 15 minute philosophical discussion using the full rhetorical force of dialectical idealism with a hint of Lewis Carollian wimsy thrown in

Over easy?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Can I conclude
    Shouldn't that be "should I conclude"?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Three of my pet hates :
    When people are recounting a dialog and start with "And I turned round and said". E.g. "So I turned round and said, oh yeah, well you smell worse, and then he turned round and said .." Wait, so now you are having an argument with your backs to each other?
    No, I think It's because people in Essex like spinning round like tops when they're in the pub. Can't think of any other explanation for all this turning around.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Hi Gricer!

Using 'Can I get' in that way is indeed an abomination.

My pet hate at the moment is the glottal 't' pronounciation now used by some BBC radio presenters. It's not 'down with the people' or 'modern' to do that, it's just sloppy speech. So I say to the BBC you are a communication medium, so please hire people who speak properly.
    Hi DS

Yes, me too. Can't abide it - all those hectoring new labour women like Caroline Flint do it too.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Hi Gricer!

Using 'Can I get' in that way is indeed an abomination.

My pet hate at the moment is the glottal 't' pronounciation now used by some BBC radio presenters. It's not 'down with the people' or 'modern' to do that, it's just sloppy speech. So I say to the BBC you are a communication medium, so please hire people who speak properly.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Three of my pet hates :

1) When people say "and everything" at the end of a statement. E.g. I just did the housework and everything .

2) When people are recounting a dialog and start with "And I turned round and said". E.g. "So I turned round and said, oh yeah, well you smell worse, and then he turned round and said .." Wait, so now you are having an argument with your backs to each other?

3) MarillionFan.
    Oh goody, more pet hates. Mine have an American theme this week.

1) Pretentious British people pecking away at a plate of food (main course) with just a fork, because they think it makes them look trendy and transatlantic.

2) Pompous, officious people (usually Yanks, but I fear it may be starting to catch on here) starting a request by saying "I need you to ..."

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Or "babe" (which is painfully common in Essex)
    Duck if you're oop North.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    One that really gets on my tits is "You are joking me". Where did the superfluous 'me' come from?

That and mischievious. The word is mischievous. Morons.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Infinitely worse than this in my world is being called love, darling, gorgeous, mate, fella etc
    Never mind, sweetpea, it's only coz they can't remember your name.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X