• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Five Scots universities 'in top 200'"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Me no understand ... me just laugh at word on screen - why you no laugh?

It is at least partly your fault as you keep banging on about this stuff. I am not trying to find absolution, I simply feel the urge to make negative comments about things which get on my nerves.

I have no problem with you when you post on other subjects and I am just as negative when others begin hammering this tune out.
    The problem is, as his posts show, that's he's not very good with numbers and statistics, and lacks judgement generally.
    Why else would you start a thread boasting about an aspect of Scotland, when the numbers show the opposite?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How is the reader meant to know rhetoric from hyperbole with the written word on here?
    Me no understand ... me just laugh at word on screen - why you no laugh?

Okay, your frustration is not my fault. Absolution will not be found through obvious negative comments, leave that to SAS where he remains unchallenged.
    It is at least partly your fault as you keep banging on about this stuff. I am not trying to find absolution, I simply feel the urge to make negative comments about things which get on my nerves.

I have no problem with you when you post on other subjects and I am just as negative when others begin hammering this tune out.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Anytime I go near a university there seem to be feck all Scottish people in it.

Although it is noticeable that the Chinese are not sending their children over to do BAs in politics and all the other tulipe that student from here want to do.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It is partly. You drone on like a human bagpipe sometimes.
    As good a description of Lord Haw Haw as there is ....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So getting back to the subject of this post, Scotland dissnae have much to boast about.
    Took us enough pages of Lord Haw Haw's absoulute garbage to establish that fact.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    With good reason.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Okay, your frustration is not my fault.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It was a joke rather than an argument.
    How is the reader meant to know rhetoric from hyperbole with the written word on here?

I have no point to argue in this (I am neither Scottish nor English nor that interested), I am merely tired of so many Scots droning on about how awesome Scotland is and how they should be free etc.

How about you infer that my professional ability is below feeble, would that make you happy? If not please feel free to infer something that does.
    Okay, your frustration is not my fault. Absolution will not be found through obvious negative comments, leave that to SAS where he remains unchallenged.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Another way of looking at it is that Scotland has 1 university in the top 100 and none in the top 30. Go Scotland!
    While London has more universities in the top 40 than any other city in the world, with four.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/educa...s-8856227.html
    Last edited by sasguru; 4 October 2013, 10:24.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Another way of looking at it is that Scotland has 1 university in the top 100 and none in the top 30. Go Scotland!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; your argument has none but reference. What should we infer about your professional ability?
    It was a joke rather than an argument. I have no point to argue in this (I am neither Scottish nor English nor that interested), I am merely tired of so many Scots droning on about how awesome Scotland is and how they should be free etc.

How about you infer that my professional ability is below feeble, would that make you happy? If not please feel free to infer something that does.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Your posts.

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; your argument has none but reference. What should we infer about your professional ability?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Source?
    Your posts.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    “If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.”
    Elbert Hubbard quotes (American editor, publisher and writer, 1856-1915)
    When I call you a cretin, I'm not calling you "vile names" but merely being descriptive, based on the ample evidence you provide through your posts.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Does this take into account the fact that Scottish geniuses moving into England causes the average IQ to drop in both countries?
    Source?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X