• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LCH Clearnet

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LCH Clearnet"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm not keen on contracts where many permies know their stuff, and "seriously" knowing their stuff sounds nightmarish, especially if it's a girl.

The ideal clientco is where I know my stuff, and without my help the permies barely get by
    What they mean is that they have loads of 'local knowledge'

wowser.

it might be gold dust to a permie, but it's bull dust to a contractor

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I had a mate that did a stint there a while back. He seemed to like it. He kept telling me about some 3l1t3 Unix SA girl that drank like a fish and seriously knew her stuff so it didn't sound all that bad.
    I'm not keen on contracts where many permies know their stuff, and "seriously" knowing their stuff sounds nightmarish, especially if it's a girl.

The ideal clientco is where I know my stuff, and without my help the permies barely get by

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Dunno about LCH, but it would be cool to have a contract at the LHC
    I saw a presentation from one of their data analysts last year, which from a geek perspective was very interesting

Lots of physics I couldn't even pretend to understand, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    I had a mate that did a stint there a while back. He seemed to like it. He kept telling me about some 3l1t3 Unix SA girl that drank like a fish and seriously knew her stuff so it didn't sound all that bad.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post

Try the B/C subforum for more "professional" replies, but don't expect much.
    Come to daddy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by stevetaylor View Post
    Has anyone ever had a contract at LCH Clearnet? Curious as to what they like to work for.
    Dunno about LCH, but it would be cool to have a contract at the LHC

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I shall try and find a forum where the mental age is above 5!!

Have fun saddos
    See ya. With 4 posts in total I don't think we are going to really miss ya...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Somewhere from the Midlands comes the resounding clang of MP's knickers hitting the floor!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Nah, you shoud stick around.
    Somewhere from the Midlands comes the resounding clang of MP's knickers hitting the floor!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I shall try and find a forum where the mental age is above 5!!

Have fun saddos
    Nah, you shoud stick around.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Have fun saddos
    You've been warned before about punching above your weight but good luck with your quest.

Leave a comment:

• stevetaylor
    replied

Have fun saddos

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I declined the interview in the end as got a renewal on current contract.

It would be useful if only people that have ACTUALLY worked at LCH Clearnet responded - obviously some people have nothing better to do!
    Welcome to General.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied

It would be useful if only people that have ACTUALLY worked at LCH Clearnet responded - obviously some people have nothing better to do!
    You may want to ask the question in a different section of the forum rather than General, which is labelled "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."

Try the B/C subforum for more "professional" replies, but don't expect much.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

I'm on holiday, the Mrs is sunbathing and the parents-in-law have taken junior for a walk.

I thought I'd take the time and make the effort to piss all over your topic.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X