• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Latest Dilemma : PVC conservatory doors vs Oak Room divider"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Surely It's a matter of taste. I mean uPVC - seriously? Spend a bit more and go for the oak.
    Wood grain effect uPVC. Get some plastic Corinthian pillars for out the front at the same time. Adds 1000s to the value of the house.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Can you not get oak and supplement with curtains drawn during the colder nights?

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Surely It's a matter of taste. I mean uPVC - seriously? Spend a bit more and go for the oak.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    NorthWestPoorUsedToBeRichContr

Effect of buying a house that needs a lot of work....
    Been there, done that and it sucks.

Look up jeldwen then get a trade account...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We have something almost exactly like this and they are the nuts!! Will be perfect to section the conservatory off from the main house.
    yes if we go for a conservatory style extension this is what I will try to get.

I like the idea of the room being open.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    And just think, all it took was a little boredom, 15 seconds to type "wood frame double glazed door" into a search engine, select the second search result and the time to type my comment.

I'll see if I can be bothered working out how much it cost my client for me to do that later.
    Damn!

Sizes don't fit!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We have something almost exactly like this and they are the nuts!! Will be perfect to section the conservatory off from the main house.
    Only problem is this doesn't have the same aesthetics.... It does to me like.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Thanks a lot for this. You have given me a genuinely good reason to be part of CUK.... Shame on you!
    And just think, all it took was a little boredom, 15 seconds to type "wood frame double glazed door" into a search engine, select the second search result and the time to type my comment.

I'll see if I can be bothered working out how much it cost my client for me to do that later.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Got images disabled and not looked at the links earlier, but things like this suitable?

External Doors - Double Glazed Doors

Or are they just tat and not good looking enough?
    Thanks a lot for this. You have given me a genuinely good reason to be part of CUK.... Shame on you!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    nice

Nuvu oak full pane pattern 10 style folding doors, WIdths are 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 14ft & 16ft wide.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Look mate, just go with the wooden doors as the lady wants, because if you choose anything else and it goes wrong, you're going to hear about it every day of your life until you die.
    No kidding.

There's a reason that the phrase "yes dear" and the name "she who must be obeyed" were created, they fit this type of situation completely.

She's expressed a preference, in this situation if you deviate from that it will simply provide ammunition when she's upset over something else.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Got images disabled and not looked at the links earlier, but things like this suitable?

External Doors - Double Glazed Doors

Or are they just tat and not good looking enough?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Can't you get external double glazed doors with wooden surrounds, in the same way you can get wood-framed windows?
    I'm sure you can somewhere but so far I have just found one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Can't you get external double glazed doors with wooden surrounds, in the same way you can get wood-framed windows?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X