• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The last ever episode of The IT Crowd!"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    In that case I wasn't insulting you.
    Oh. Ok, great! Morning

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'm clumsy, yes. I don't understand computers at all, and generally hate technology.
    In that case I wasn't insulting you.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So it's not only women who find the IT Crowd seriously unfunny.

(BTW I know other blokes who find it unfunny.)
    I've tried to watch it a few times, found it totally dull and binned it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm clumsy, yes. I don't understand computers at all, and generally hate technology.
    You are Sasguru and I claim my five cretinous insults

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you a bit of a klutz who doesn't really understand computers?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well, despite all the things I said earlier, I thought that was a cracking episode, one of the best. Nice to see a show go out on a high.

Game Board was wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• Cenobite
    replied
    Waste opportunity

I'm completely disappointed by this show: real star cast it should be so much better.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So it's not only women who find the IT Crowd seriously unfunny
    Is that because you're not wearing womens slacks ?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I avoided it for years after seeing a couple of scenes and thinking it looked like a cheaply made, over-exaggerated, poorly written piece of crap. Example being the scene where the boss calls the guys in to open his laptop for him.

I tried watching a couple of episodes and once I got into it really enjoyed it. I just had to get used to the style of it.
    I kind of like it but find it to be really over the top and stupid at the same time. I really like the 2 main characters' interactions with each other, but I find Jen and the boss[es] REALLY grate on me. And Noel Fielding's character is just a walking cliche - trite and dull.

It feels like a BBC3 comedy with 2 really good characters plonked in the middle to me, which is a real shame because those two ARE great.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I avoided it for years after seeing a couple of scenes and thinking it looked like a cheaply made, over-exaggerated, poorly written piece of crap. Example being the scene where the boss calls the guys in to open his laptop for him.

I tried watching a couple of episodes and once I got into it really enjoyed it. I just had to get used to the style of it.
    Having experienced just that (opening a member of the senior mismanagement team's laptop for them) It was funny.

Its the interface between Users who have an opinion of their own competence and the IT people who have a very different opinion.

Unless you have done desk side support many of the jokes will miss. You probably only deal with senior users who have an IQ above a turnip.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Are the writers going to make a special effort and put some jokes in? Or maybe a humourous occurrence or two?
    So it's not only women who find the IT Crowd seriously unfunny.

(BTW I know other blokes who find it unfunny.)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Are you insulting me?
    Are you a bit of a klutz who doesn't really understand computers?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Nope but just don't google google

The Internet Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    To find unfunny stuff funny?

Are you insulting me?
    No I think he's calling you a MILF

Leave a comment:

Working...
X