• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The woman with the debts"

Collapse

• cameraman
    replied
    "They say... that I must... make payments or face the consequences. "

Similar to shopping really dear. If you don't pay at the till, it's called "shoplifting"...

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    "Kensington Mortgages respond too, in writing.

They say that they do not have a payment holiday policy, nor do they freeze interest or charges and that I must continue to make payments or face the consequences. "

I bought a repossesed house off kensington. They are a borrower of last resort (the guy who defaulted had a sh1t credit rating). They have charges for everything as you would expect.

What a muppet this woman is!

Leave a comment:

• cameraman
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran

“None of us was born with the ability to manage finances sensibly; we all have to learn how to do it, sooner or later, accompanied by a greater or lesser degree of pain.”

She did have a financial consultant!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investi...5&in_page_id=3

Perhaps she knew better though, she sounds the type...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Press release from PCG about the dozy cretin.

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...474&Itemid=150

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/002792.html

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    And before you ask..yes he is.
    A Chamberlain Scott recruitment agent?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    That's the age old story though, isn't it, BGG? If you owe the bank a thousand pounds you've got a problem; if you owe the bank a hundred thousand pounds they've got a problem. Once your debt goes past a certain level, you may as well spend, spend, spend.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    A friend of a friend

...is up to his eyeballs in debt.....mostly if not wholly in part to his lavish lifestlye....over 100K now in debt.

Caused by blowing £500 p/m clothes shopping, £200 p/m on beauty treatments, £150 p/m on a haircut, plus £600+ p/m on clubbing it (and being such the....er....how to put this..."nice" guy he is) paying for everyone's drinks.

Personally, I'm suprised he even gets to the club before they close, as I am told he takes over 3 hours to get ready when going out.

And before you ask..yes he is.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Why is it these days that people have no sense of responsibility these days. It has been announced today that personal bankrupcies have exceeded 100,000 this year (1 year of shame then all back to normal apparantly thanks to Bliar) and repossesions are at their highest level for 6 years but it is never the debtors fault is it?? These days the blame seems to lie with the banks. Obviously they are employing heavies to twist people's arms to ensure that they get in loads of debt. When I was a lad it was shamefull to be in debt - these days it's almost a fashion statement
    The problem, unlike the 70's, we will end up paying for it. Big time...

It's a fucking disgrace.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    She says the kid was planned so f uck her and her dreamstate husband. Should have planned enough spare money for the sprog then shouldn't they.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    When I was a lad it was shamefull to be in debt - these days it's almost a fashion statement
    When I was a lad it was the done thing to have a big mortgage debt, a bank loan for a car, and to mark time at your job for life to pay them off.

However, lenders were a lot tighter in those days.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Why is it these days that people have no sense of responsibility these days. It has been announced today that personal bankrupcies have exceeded 100,000 this year (1 year of shame then all back to normal apparantly thanks to Bliar) and repossesions are at their highest level for 6 years but it is never the debtors fault is it?? These days the blame seems to lie with the banks. Obviously they are employing heavies to twist people's arms to ensure that they get in loads of debt. When I was a lad it was shamefull to be in debt - these days it's almost a fashion statement

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Is a company that signs short term contract qualifies as being called "employer"?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by sparklelard
    She was, allegedly, sacked when she told her employer she was pregnant.

Except she also claims to be a freelance IT Consultant, i.e. a contractor. Difficult to see how that squares with a discrimination claim. Sounds like the client found out she was pregnant and terminated the contract. Not much comeback for her in that case.

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    I still don't get the sexual discrimination case against her previous employer...

She was, allegedly, sacked when she told her employer she was pregnant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X