• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The places I end up when I go contracting...."

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Langstone Technology Park ?

Had a three-year contracting gig there a few years ago, with a disk storage monitoring company, although they expanded quite fast and I think have since moved.

Most friday lunchtimes we'd all head to the Royal Oak for a drink and a nosh up!
    Name beginning with X?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    Nice, I stayed there to start with. The pimp suggested them as they "had a deal with them". it was cheaper by £20 a night just to phone up and book instead. The pimps deal didn't include breakfast either.
    Prostitutes rarely stay to cook you breakfast as far as I am aware.

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Look at you...
    150 quid a night there. What's the restaurant like?
    I think the corporate rate was nearer £80 a night.

Food was ok, but a bit pricey for what you got.

Better value is the Ship (as others have mentioned), and the Maypole, about a mile or so down the A3023 heading south down the Island from the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Nice, I stayed there to start with. The pimp suggested them as they "had a deal with them". it was cheaper by £20 a night just to phone up and book instead. The pimps deal didn't include breakfast either.
    But the pimp would've been getting £20/night...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Anyone planning to stay in a tent whilst contracting ?

Times have certainly changed, I remember lots of discussions on the pros and cons of 4 and 5 star hotels, the legroom in business class, but that was a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    LTP for me

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied

Had a three-year contracting gig there a few years ago, with a disk storage monitoring company, although they expanded quite fast and I think have since moved.

Most friday lunchtimes we'd all head to the Royal Oak for a drink and a nosh up!
    That's the place. There myself at the moment

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Yep. Langstone Technology Park

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    The Havant gigs aren't based in an old IBM place by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied
    The Havant gigs aren't based in an old IBM place by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Hmm...

When I had my Havant gig earlier this year, client paid for me to stay here The Langstone Hotel

Do wave as you drive past!
    Look at you...

150 quid a night there. What's the restaurant like?

Many caravan sites jack it in for the winter, due to lack of demand. But presumably you've checked that.

The snag with being based on Hayling Island, if you're working on the "mainland" is that causeway in the rush hour.
    it closes for January/February. They fill it with Sun readers from now until then.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Have you seen the old motor home in The Ship carpark? It's usually in there about 8am when I cycle past, but it's gone on the way home. Always in the same spot, with a view from the windscreen over the bay. it's been there a few weeks now, but not seen it at weekends.
    You see that a lot here but it tends to be middle aged women who charge you €50 to stick your old man in a bucket of fish heads.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    House shares with circus clowns & white witches.... Now it's a caravan on Hayling Island (gig in Havant). Its alright actually. Only 90 quid a week - all mod cons & I get free tickets to the "entertainment". Can't wait to see what tomorrow night's adult cabaret is all about....
    Anyone know the area?
    Many caravan sites jack it in for the winter, due to lack of demand. But presumably you've checked that.

The snag with being based on Hayling Island, if you're working on the "mainland" is that causeway in the rush hour.

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    .. Now it's a caravan on Hayling Island (gig in Havant).
    Anyone know the area?
    Hmm...

When I had my Havant gig earlier this year, client paid for me to stay here The Langstone Hotel

Do wave as you drive past!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X