• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tippy tappy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tippy tappy"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    For some reason I can never resist tapping out the opening beat of the Four Seasons' "Rag Doll" on the wall/pipes while using a public urinal.

PS I bet everyone will be doing it now.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Couldn't you wait till the office is empty one night and tulip in his chair

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Maybe he's actually doing some work:

Or get yourself this:

I got my mate one of these for his office:

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    Spread some glue on the place where he taps regularly. Next time he taps, he would be stuck for good
    If you don't have any glue, use jizz.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Spread some glue on the place where he taps regularly. Next time he taps, he would be stuck for good

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Knobhead is tapping his desk again. I have asked him (as have my peers) to stop.

"I'll try but I'm a compulsive tapper" came the response by email.

Gonna go postal at some point
    Is he a drummer perchance? I worked next to one of those, and he'd be bashing everything on his desk with pens. I asked him to stop once, and he seemed surprised that I didn't like it.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Have you tried twerking in his face in time with his tapping?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    change your ringtone to BananaPhone and phone yourself constantly.

ring ring ring banana phone - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    Had a gig sat next to a very loud P.A. who spent the day talking loudly to her mother about home improvements. In order to get any work done I'd insert noise-cancelling headphones and try and concentrate. More often than not, she'd then put her own headphones on thinking the office was a bit too loud (because of her!), and would bob her head in time to the music out of the corner of my eye for an hour or two. Tough gig, that one.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I was asked not to make him feel "ganged up on". It's a small office with lots of us in here. If I spoke to him about it this ran the risk of others "pitching in" and then he would have felt ganged up on.

Email leaves evidence we can use to fire you later.
    FTFY HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I was asked not to make him feel "ganged up on". It's a small office with lots of us in here. If I spoke to him about it this ran the risk of others "pitching in" and then he would have felt ganged up on.
    And then he might have stopped

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    just put your headphones on and/or learn to concentrate
    +1

But then this is Suity we are talking about

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Email was subtler.
    Wetter.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Email was subtler.
    Yeah and it clearly works too.

If he asks you to do anything just tell him to **** off and die. If he complains tell him you're a compulsive angry ****.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Email was subtler.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X