• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Recumbent Bicycles

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recumbent Bicycles"

Collapse

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    To be honest, I imagined myself more like this:

Comfortable in my own skin...
    Is that you?

I'm doing cauliflower cheese tonight.

It would be no trouble to pop a couple more florets in the pan

Leave a comment:

• Chunk
    replied
    To be honest, I imagined myself more like this:

Comfortable in my own skin...

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Well, you're certainly right about street cred. I turn heads every time I pedal down Weston sea front. Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

I always say that once you've gone recumbent you never go back. Admitedly, I did get into it by accident as I kept getting a chill om my kidneys as a result of my windcheater riding up every time I got down over the bars.

Because of the riding position you will get the full brunt of the wind. For this I recommend a yellow one piece banana suit (I normally wear a pair of undies over the suit to prevent my ticket from showing).

They can also be trickier than a regular cycle if you travel by train. I have posted several times on my woes in loading my recumbent into the guard's van on my morning train journey.

All in all though I say go for it and feel free to PM me if you want.
    One day an articulated lorry will just flatten you when you are messing about with recumbents.

We live in hope.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

You didn't put much effort into that did you?
    No, not much at all.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Really?

You didn't put much effort into that did you?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

Really?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    Can you buy them off the shelf or are they custom made?
    These were definitely custom made

Leave a comment:

• Chunk
    replied

Can you buy them off the shelf or are they custom made?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Well, you're certainly right about street cred. I turn heads every time I pedal down Weston sea front. Here's a pic of me on my recumbent

I always say that once you've gone recumbent you never go back. Admitedly, I did get into it by accident as I kept getting a chill om my kidneys as a result of my windcheater riding up every time I got down over the bars.

Because of the riding position you will get the full brunt of the wind. For this I recommend a yellow one piece banana suit (I normally wear a pair of undies over the suit to prevent my ticket from showing).

They can also be trickier than a regular cycle if you travel by train. I have posted several times on my woes in loading my recumbent into the guard's van on my morning train journey.

Last edited by gricerboy; 19 September 2013, 19:15.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Seems incredibly dangerous as you can't see much. As least on a normal bike you have height and visibility.
    I've seen some footage from a helmet camera of somebody riding one...visibility is fine.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Gricer has one

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1208685

You should PM him and talk amongst yourself on the subject.

Dont take his name or he will make another appearance. One of the worst sockies to troll this board.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yup, and if you're still at the Science Park in Cambridge and saw him nearby then he was at the clientco I was based at last year. I presume it's the same person.

Great guy. Years ago he had a bit part as a downed RAF officer in 'allo 'allo
    He was on Histon Road, heading towards Huntingdon Road, so away from the Science Park. But he did have a prominent moustache, so he could easily pass for a Bomber Command type

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Passed a bloke on a unicycle on my way into ClientCo yesterday. It's the future.
    Yup, and if you're still at the Science Park in Cambridge and saw him nearby then he was at the clientco I was based at last year. I presume it's the same person.

Great guy. Years ago he had a bit part as a downed RAF officer in 'allo 'allo

Leave a comment:

• Chunk
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Gricer has one

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1208685

You should PM him and talk amongst yourself on the subject.
    Now I'm interested in the prostrate bicycle:

I have a RECUMBENT bicycle that is peddled whilst being in a recumbent position, i.e. lying on one's back. I am soon to test ride a PROSTRATE bicycle which one peddles whilst being in a prostrate postion, i.e. lying on one's front.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Passed a bloke on a unicycle on my way into ClientCo yesterday. It's the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X