• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1-2-3 Santander Account -"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by No2politics View Post
    Funnily enough i upgraded mine and the joint account to this 123 at the weekend. What was most pleasing about the whole experience, was seeing the reaction of the rather attractive bank clerk to the huge wad of dosh sat In my old account. She was definitely moist!!! Shameful really. If only I was a single man- quick message to the mobile on her bank card. "blah blah....let me take you away from all this..." Ah well.
    Had he same thing with First Direct when I changed the mortgage recently. Woman on the phone was most impressed with the amount in the offset account.

Mind you the call centre is in Newcastle and £17.50 will get you a bottle of Thundebird, a packet of fags and a bag of chips for after, a long as she doesn't drop them.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    Funnily enough i upgraded mine and the joint account to this 123 at the weekend. What was most pleasing about the whole experience, was seeing the reaction of the rather attractive bank clerk to the huge wad of dosh sat In my old account. She was definitely moist!!! Shameful really. If only I was a single man- quick message to the mobile on her bank card. "blah blah....let me take you away from all this..." Ah well.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    I had a 5-year bond with National Provincial. On its 5th anniversary I took it in to what had become an Abbey National/ Santander and they quite rudely refused to pay up. I obviously complained in the most polite manner possible (I really was as polite and gentle as its possible to imagine) so the member of staff burst into tears and went and got her manager who took her side and threw me out. Nothing like this has ever happened to me at any time or place. Snotty letters to head office and several months later before I finally got the money out of them. Absolute disgrace and wouldn’t go near them with a bargepole.
    I also find that some women get upset by the term 'listen to me sugar tits', OP I feel your pain.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    I had a 5-year bond with National Provincial. On its 5th anniversary I took it in to what had become an Abbey National/ Santander and they quite rudely refused to pay up. I obviously complained in the most polite manner possible (I really was as polite and gentle as its possible to imagine) so the member of staff burst into tears and went and got her manager who took her side and threw me out. Nothing like this has ever happened to me at any time or place. Snotty letters to head office and several months later before I finally got the money out of them. Absolute disgrace and wouldn’t go near them with a bargepole.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    The wife joined a while back, and they gave her a credit card too, so she buys everything with it in the month, then pay's it off. She's bought this little cottage using a Mortgage through 1-2-3 too.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You do? we have ISAs with them too and never picked up on that one. We do get the 1-2-3 credit card for free as customers, which also gives decent cash-back on supermarket spends.
    Looks like it's only their fixed rate 2 year deal now, and 0.6 %. Back in March when I was changing it was on the standard, but CBA to open a new current account at the time.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    With the new 7 day switching rules, banks are now planning to insist that the donor account is closed as part of the transfer so might need to get in quick
    No need to switch, just open them as new accounts in addition to your exisiting ones.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I've had my 123 account for 6 months maybe and only just discovered you can have 2.

Just applied for my 2nd one last night.

3% is the highest "normal" saving account at the moment, even though it is technically a current account.

(I have a Nationwide one that pays 6% but that's only on balances up to £2500 - every little helps right :-)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    With the new 7 day switching rules, banks are now planning to insist that the donor account is closed as part of the transfer so might need to get in quick

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Been tempted - my cash ISA's with Santander, and you can get an extra 1% if you have a 123 account.
    That's quite a boost on the return of an ISA, sounds like a no brainer even if it's just used as a holding account to cycle some cash through to meet the requirements.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Been tempted - my cash ISA's with Santander, and you can get an extra 1% if you have a 123 account.
    You do? we have ISAs with them too and never picked up on that one. We do get the 1-2-3 credit card for free as customers, which also gives decent cash-back on supermarket spends.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yep I have one of these. Didn't realise the threshold for the interest rate was so high, I thought it was more like £5k... if that's the case I should be using these to hold my dividends ASAP!

My parents had 4 accounts with another bank who did something similar, all paying £1000 a month in a big circle to meet the requirements.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    Did wonder about these accounts a while back, no particular reason to change, but seems the maffs is good, innit?!
    You don't need to change. That's a misnomer.

You can open the account, all you have to do is transfer £500 in per month and put in two direct debits per account.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Did wonder about these accounts a while back, no particular reason to change, but seems the maffs is good, innit?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X