• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Clarkson for PM?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clarkson for PM?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    As with that other arse Alan Sugar one would assume that he could be no where near BBC programming for a duration before or after the election
    For that reason, I implore him to run.

Does the ban apply to re-runs - if so, Dave would be pissed off.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Does the BBC not have to pay his production company an obscene amount to run it or something?
    Not any more, however he did co-found a company, Bedder 6, to exploit the TG brand, built up of course using license payer money, to shift merchandise, roadshows etc and pay himself squillions in divis, before selling it on to the BBC for a few more millions.

Now his schoolboy humour earns him just £1m a year. Can't see him giving up that to live on an MPs stipend....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    As with that other arse Alan Sugar one would assume that he could be no where near BBC programming for a duration before or after the election which would probably rule him out of a series of top gear so he is not running. Does the BBC not have to pay his production company an obscene amount to run it or something?

Other than that I would suspect that he would get a fair share of the vote, the country is filled with absolute fookin dingbats who would with all sincerity believe that he would "do a great job", "sort out the problems of the country". Democracy in this country is almost something that you don't want to think about too much when you consider just how thick the population is.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I can't see him overturning the 10k+ majority.
    You mean all the old, infirm and/or stupid people they give a free ride to the polling station to vote for him, or the postal votes intercepted?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Beating a mong with a speech impediment, isn't really an acheivement though
    Anyone called David seem to find it a bit of a struggle though!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    It is if you're Jeremy Clarkson

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Read the linky again; wouldn't even the opponents of Clarkson agree that it would be utterly hilarious if he were to beat Ed Miliband?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    20mph vs 30mph

We can infer something from raw numbers

Some 2,262 people were road casualties in the zones last year - 1,966 of them minor injuries - according to the Department for Transport figures.

But this is only a fraction of the number of casualties on 30mph roads where more than 125,000 were reported in 2011, a drop of 1% on 2010.
    There were 2,262 injuries in 20 mph zones in 2011. That is up 24% => there were 1824 injuries in 2010, an increase of 438

There were 125,000 injuries in 30mph zones in 2011, a 1% reduction. This implies there were ~126250 injuries in 2010, a decrease of 1250.

So, if we naively assume that the only factor at play is the switch from 30mph to 20mph zones, the result of this is around 800 less injuries overall. Assuming of course we have more 20mph zones in 2011 than we did in 2010.
    Last edited by doodab; 16 September 2013, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by jlharris View Post
    I could seriously see Miliband losing to him. It would certainly get people out voting who wouldn't usually. Can't see him standing though.
    I can't see him overturning the 10k+ majority.

Leave a comment:

• jlharris
    replied
    I could seriously see Miliband losing to him. It would certainly get people out voting who wouldn't usually. Can't see him standing though.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Mr Prescott also replied to the presenter: "Why not stand in Chipping Norton, where you live now? You've got lots of mates there."
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If he wants to stand as a politician, then great - put some policies together, and stand for election. He'd be better off standing where he has some friends, though. Like Chipping Norton.

You are John Prescott and I claim my year's supply of meat pies.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Read the linky again; wouldn't even the opponents of Clarkson agree that it would be utterly hilarious if he were to beat Ed Miliband?
    As little as I think of Miliband, the thought of my (little) tax money funding Clarkson makes me

If he wants to stand as a politician, then great - put some policies together, and stand for election. He'd be better off standing where he has some friends, though. Like Chipping Norton.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    it would make me smile. it might even keep New Lie from wasting even more of our money.
    That's the point, no-one can take him seriously as a politician, but in reality he couldn't be appreciably worse than the set of dingbats that get elected to Westminster in the name of our UK democracy.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    it would make me smile. it might even keep New Lie from wasting even more of our money.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's one thing to be thick. It's quite another not to know it.
    It keeps the Daily Mail in business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X