• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No, it's because you're a munter"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    So you would then? Ewwwww!

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Her looks are beginning to stand out as her saving grace because her personality is pretty repulsive.
    So you would then? Ewwwww!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Reverse the roles and it sounds very sexist, or is it only blokes that you are allow to call sexist these days...
    I am not sure I understand what you mean. My point is that it does not matter whether you are male or female or friend or family, to do this leaves the person you are with feeling uncomfortable and ignored. As I say if you are chatting up a member of the opposite sex in order to wind your friend up then that is just banter. If it had been a man chatting to a receptionist the his female companion would equally have been annoyed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sas appreciates someone able to keep up with him in the brains department. Maybe we could hook them up.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    The more of it I read the more I can see that she should certainly not be judged by her looks. Anyone taking a fancy to her would be allowing their willy to lead them into a very unpleasant relationship:

Three months ago I went to Italy with my then boyfriend, Philip. As we were checking into the hotel, I struck up a conversation with the receptionist in Italian (just one of the five languages I speak). But while I was enjoying myself, chatting away, it became clear that Philip most certainly was not.
    He shuffled from foot to foot, muttered something under his breath and rolled his eyes like a stroppy teenager.
    Then in the lift he turned on me. 'I was wondering when you were going to let me join your conversation,' he snapped. I tried to laugh it off but I knew this was the beginning of yet another argument.
    'You always have to be the star of the show,' he continued in our bedroom, as he began to systematically work his way through the mini-bar. Apparently I was argumentative, a know-all and an intellectual snob.
    What had I done? It should be depressingly obvious. I had dared to dent his fragile male ego.
    By speaking in a language Philip didn't know, I had managed to make him - a successful writer, ten years my senior - feel small. How selfish of me to embarrass him

It is OK to talk to someone you do not know in their language whilst you are in the company of a friend (male or female) or family if it is out of necessity or it is just a few words , but it is quite another to engage in a full blown conversation in a language that your "comrade" has no understanding of. I do not know if anyone here has had this experience but striking up a conversation whilst you are having to stand there dumbly is actually quite rude because it automatically and crudely cuts the other person off the conversation. She doesn't seem to get that so either she is scoring points or she is showing off or she simply lacks the emotional intelligence to understand the impact her behaviour has. Her looks are beginning to stand out as her saving grace because her personality is pretty repulsive.
    Reverse the roles and it sounds very sexist, or is it only blokes that you are allow to call sexist these days...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    She only looks like a bloke in the current picture... ugh. Something rather dramatic has happened in the last 13 years, in the other pictures she's just an average-ish looking woman. Nothing to write home about, but not horrific for her age.
    WHS. Nothing dramatic, just holidays every year in sunny places like Italy.

Jesus, from some of the comments in this thread, if I hadn't seen the article, I'd picture her looking like some demon from the depths of hell.

They say guys tend to age a lot between 50 and 60, and I guess for women with their thinner skins it's more like 40 to 50.

That said, she does look and sound a bit demanding and assertive, intellectually and possibly in other ways, and maybe a bit too much of a handful (figuratively speaking) for many guys.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Ugh, god. She's got a book out. What a tosspot.

yep its product placement & endorsement and click bait a very Wail style of operation.

You have to admire them, the Microsoft of the tabloid world.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The more of it I read the more I can see that she should certainly not be judged by her looks. Anyone taking a fancy to her would be allowing their willy to lead them into a very unpleasant relationship:

Three months ago I went to Italy with my then boyfriend, Philip. As we were checking into the hotel, I struck up a conversation with the receptionist in Italian (just one of the five languages I speak). But while I was enjoying myself, chatting away, it became clear that Philip most certainly was not.
    He shuffled from foot to foot, muttered something under his breath and rolled his eyes like a stroppy teenager.
    Then in the lift he turned on me. 'I was wondering when you were going to let me join your conversation,' he snapped. I tried to laugh it off but I knew this was the beginning of yet another argument.
    'You always have to be the star of the show,' he continued in our bedroom, as he began to systematically work his way through the mini-bar. Apparently I was argumentative, a know-all and an intellectual snob.
    What had I done? It should be depressingly obvious. I had dared to dent his fragile male ego.
    By speaking in a language Philip didn't know, I had managed to make him - a successful writer, ten years my senior - feel small. How selfish of me to embarrass him

It is OK to talk to someone you do not know in their language whilst you are in the company of a friend (male or female) or family if it is out of necessity or it is just a few words , but it is quite another to engage in a full blown conversation in a language that your "comrade" has no understanding of. I do not know if anyone here has had this experience but striking up a conversation whilst you are having to stand there dumbly is actually quite rude because it automatically and crudely cuts the other person off the conversation. She doesn't seem to get that so either she is scoring points or she is showing off or she simply lacks the emotional intelligence to understand the impact her behaviour has. Her looks are beginning to stand out as her saving grace because her personality is pretty repulsive.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Ugh, god. She's got a book out. What a tosspot.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    TBF, whatever you think of the Mail, their website is very clever at getting clickthrough through the use of obviously manipulative articles. The reaction elicited here was no doubt calculated to the nth degree.
    Full marks to the munter for going with it, shows she's a game lass after all - or just needs the money.
    Did you get much of a fee for the photoshoot and article?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You can now say you have arrived
    At a state of insanity?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And told her that his killer app is kept in a cage rather than a datacentre
    Faraday Cage for security ...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I agree with you twice here DA
    You can now say you have arrived

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I am not sure I like this judging women by their looks.
    The looks have nothing to do with why people do not like her.
    I agree with you twice here DA

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I have sent her AtW's CV

And told her that his killer app is kept in a cage rather than a datacentre

Leave a comment:

Working...
X