• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life keeps you in check"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...aha sounds like the British dream.

Get a job in the smoke on a "top paid" salary, then buy a terraced house in the Islington for half-a-million, second hand Porsche with cracked pistons. Spend 11 hours a day at work, return home to the smell of mould and a view out the window resembling Gotham City before Batman, and then at the weekend go into work to help pay off the enormous mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    This one's for Alf'

These young boys!
    They just let life pass them by......by the time you get to 50 you realise.....

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where is that large automobile?
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful house!
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful wife!
    Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    American Express tried an ad that expressed the changing ages:
    Age 17, ambition: buy suit.
    Age 35, ambition: buy handmade suit.
    Age 52, ambition: burn suit.

I felt I understood that, from my own experience:
    age 22, apply for American Express card (invited to reapply later in life).
    age 37, accept pre-approved American Express Gold Card.
    age 51, close American Express account.

How very true, I was given a platinum card "wow by invitation only" only to find that it has no more spending power than a green or gold card, when I decided to spend more than my monthly profile/limit, it got reffered to Amex ! who then said they needed bank refs etc !!! so much for no questions asked spending power !

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    American Express tried an ad that expressed the changing ages:
    Age 17, ambition: buy suit.
    Age 35, ambition: buy handmade suit.
    Age 52, ambition: burn suit.

I felt I understood that, from my own experience:
    age 22, apply for American Express card (invited to reapply later in life).
    age 37, accept pre-approved American Express Gold Card.
    age 51, close American Express account.

Leave a comment:

• Wonderstuff
    replied
    How about I drive your porsche through your house whilst banging your trophy wife?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    when you're 20 ish, you want to learn the ropes and get the well paid job, porsche, big house, lots of girls and dream of when you're 40 you can retire, when you get to 30ish you have the well paid job, house and porsche trophy wife but still not satisfied, when you get to 40ish you have to start all over again because you lost it all due to something in life like a divorce, illness or big income tax bill and you realise that it's not that simple and why did you bother in the first place, .......can anyone in their 50's take over ?

Aye Andy

Very True.

The only answer is ....

Down in the Jungle living in a tent
    Dont use money dont pay rent
    Dont even know the time but you dont mind

When your pile ..is on the wane
    You dont complain ...of robbery

Whats the use of worrying ...no use !
    Whats the use of hurrying ... no use !

WHATS THE USE OF ANYTHING?

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    It's not life. It just YOUR life, loser.

Oh I see piss guru is on form today

Leave a comment:

• NickIT
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Forget the "job", become a business, hire the Porsche and shag someone elses trophy wife.

HTH
    That is the correct motorcycle!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Forget the "job", become a business, hire the Porsche and shag someone elses trophy wife.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    when you're 20 ish, you want to learn the ropes and get the well paid job, porsche, big house, lots of girls and dream of when you're 40 you can retire, when you get to 30ish you have the well paid job, house and porsche trophy wife but still not satisfied, when you get to 40ish you have to start all over again because you lost it all due to something in life like a divorce, illness or big income tax bill and you realise that it's not that simple and why did you bother in the first place, .......can anyone in their 50's take over ?
    It's not life. It just YOUR life, loser.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Nope, they're all dead.

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    started a topic Life keeps you in check

Life keeps you in check

Working...
X