• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is a salary of £300,000 a week too much?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Well done to him.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    What Bale Earns

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    F**k them all - should have done better at school.
    I think the point is that those who have done excellently at school are still doing very well if we bring in 1% of what some oik who couldn't pass his GCSEs gets. Although Bale doesn't come across as dumb as most of them to me.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Pretty soon everyone will be moaning about everyone who is earning more than the minimum wage.

Imagine, in the not too distant future, seeing headlines like, "Is an IT contractors salary of £400 per day too much?".

We'll all be people who are too scared to earn too much money incase people hate us for it.

£400 per day
    INKSPE!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Pretty soon everyone will be moaning about everyone who is earning more than the minimum wage.

Imagine, in the not too distant future, seeing headlines like, "Is an IT contractors salary of £400 per day too much?".

We'll all be people who are too scared to earn too much money incase people hate us for it.

whs

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's a good salary if you can get one.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Unless like the Premier League where only 36% of the players on matchday 1 were homegrown doesn't really help the national team. Quite surprised the Wail didn't pick up on that and start complaining about bloody foreigners nicking English people's jobs :-)
    What's the national team got to do with anything? Buying in a famous player to an English team enhances that team's brand AND the league's as a whole. League = business, national = pride.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Foreign players coming in to boost the profile of teams in your country, which export a brand, etc, actually seems one good reason to give players a tax break of some sort.
    Unless like the Premier League where only 36% of the players on matchday 1 were homegrown doesn't really help the national team. Quite surprised the Wail didn't pick up on that and start complaining about bloody foreigners nicking English people's jobs :-)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Foreign players coming in to boost the profile of teams in your country, which export a brand, etc, actually seems one good reason to give players a tax break of some sort.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Why do they get paid weekly anyway?
    Because his accountant recommended minimising any outstanding debtors, and keeping payment terms as short as possible, if he got paid monthly and Real go bust he could be owed £1.2M+.

Would you stand for your ClientCo to be owing you that.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Me me me I want to have a crack at this one although I support Blackpool and if not for them I would have left the stupid money driven festering sack of s**t they call a sport behind long ago. I'm really only at toe dipping stage nowadays and prefer to watch the cricket... anyway...

It's not the players earning so much that's the issue it's the structure and the framework of finances in football that irks me. I have no issue with Bale earning £300k per week to kick a (not even real) pig's bladder around and would do the same. As a Contractor I invariably do the same thing.

If if IF the game could get itself in order and allow ALL teams to compete with each other instead of the same old snore inducing 'top' teams waving their wallet the fastest we might actually get a competitive sport to be proud of.

Instead we have a mongfest drowning with greedy, mean and moronic stakeholders (from fans all the way up to board level) that have little interest in the greater good and (in the case of average mong fan) would rather stand by and watch the drama. It's all symptomatic of the X FAKTAH way of being entertained. Then they can all coo and say 'oooo that's bad isn't it'. Then what?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Shouldn't he have most of it paid into a trust structure in a low tax country so that he can retire somewhere tasteful when he's 35 and avoid the parasitic bastards that call themselves governments everywhere in Europe? I hope he does; that would be more money denied to the incompetent pillocks who've got us all into so much debt.
    Spain used to have something that foreign players could use to minimise tax. Something to do with being temporary, or just having moved there I think. I can't remember the details but I think the government wanted to get rid of it because the foreign players were only paying about 20% whereas Spanish players were paying the full whack. I heard that Gareth Bale is going to get about £170,000 after tax so it would appear he's not eligible for it, or it's been abolished.

Edit: Oooh, found a Wail link, perfect

Also, paying players' wages through dodgy tax structures is risky, as Rangers found out to their cost
    Last edited by Bunk; 3 September 2013, 11:55. Reason: Always good to have some Wail in there :)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    They don't. It gets converted to an annual salary like any other, but not all of it will be paid on a monthly basis. Some of it will get held back and paid quarterly or annually. That's why many players are reluctant to hand in a transfer request when they want to leave, they will give up any remaining payments on their contract, whereas if the club decides to transfer them then I believe they still have to make those payments. It may also be made up of appearance fees, goal or assist bonuses and other extras.
    Shouldn't he have most of it paid into a trust structure in a low tax country so that he can retire somewhere tasteful when he's 35 and avoid the parasitic bastards that call themselves governments everywhere in Europe? I hope he does; that would be more money denied to the incompetent pillocks who've got us all into so much debt.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Why do they get paid weekly anyway?
    They don't. It gets converted to an annual salary like any other, but not all of it will be paid on a monthly basis. Some of it will get held back and paid quarterly or annually. That's why many players are reluctant to hand in a transfer request when they want to leave, they will give up any remaining payments on their contract, whereas if the club decides to transfer them then I believe they still have to make those payments. It may also be made up of appearance fees, goal or assist bonuses and other extras.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X