• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    here we go

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Like you know anything about London
    Like you know anything about the north.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Trip to the beach yesterday and got abit too much sun, lazy day today around the pool before packing the house up ready to fly back home tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Running in the Trossachs, winter is definitely on its way.
    Nowt worse then frosty trossachs.

Last - day spoilt by hangover. Early night
    This - Sorting out whinging tenants issues (Scottish strength drain cleaner required to shift the buildup of ginger pubes from the bath trap).
    Next - monster tomato harvest continues, what a difference a summery summer makes. All my kilner jars are full of passata so i'm moving onto takeaway style plastic tubs for the freezer. Could do with some inspiration for tea though - it's almost cool enough to consider a roast again - whoop!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Just nipped out on my bike for a quick geocache FTF!
    I found it before you.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Running in the Trossachs, winter is definitely on its way.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Just nipped out on my bike for a quick geocache FTF!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The north does far better than London when it comes to old, traditional pubs. !
    Like you know anything about London

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Working on SKA v2

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    Will do. It's only pool sessions this weekend, but then heading off toward Swanage, I think, for the open water part in a couple of weeks. I was hoping to then do a diving holiday in Sharm, but may have to rethink that!
    Sharm ten years ago was fantastic, did my advance and rescue courses there, it's a tuliphole now, too commercial and the water is like divers soup.

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Apparently the Canary Islands are very good for diving, if you're looking for an alternative.
    I've dive Gran Canaria, not quite Red Sea but in its own way fabulous

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Apparently the Canary Islands are very good for diving, if you're looking for an alternative.
    And less chance of being shot I suspect.

Interesting, I'll have a look thanks
    I'll let you know in a fortnight

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah the pleasures of living oop North.
    A pub full of rowdy Londoners watching football isn't a whole heap better. You just need to find a non-sport pub.

The north does far better than London when it comes to old, traditional pubs. And I'll have you know, Durham had a grand total of 1 trendy cocktail bar!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ... but that would require finding a pub not full of noisy Sunderland oafs.
    Ah the pleasures of living oop North.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I'll be partying in my second-hand shop on Saturday and dragging the family around on SUnday.

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    And less chance of being shot I suspect.

Interesting, I'll have a look thanks
    Or Northern Cyprus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X