• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This is a good one!"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    So are they not after our jobs? Maybe I misunderstood.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Another! Classic!
    Originally posted by Rajuk09
    I know this forum. Some of the most racist people contribute on this one good example user is northanladuk. They hate anyone coming from abroad, think everyone is after their job.

If you dont believe me then try posting something.

stay away from this forum. Useless...
    Teehee They spelt NLUK name wrong AND suggested he has a 'job'.

Although, apart from that he might have a valid point...

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    how bad are their systems if they can't keep track of multiple applications with the same name and passport id

If you want to encourage immigration of cheap labour whilst publicly saying you're clamping down on illegal immigrants why would you want to develop an integrated IT system ?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Another popular one is the 'Surinder Singh' route;

1. Bob gets British Citizenship
    2. Bob wants to 'call' his Parents and sister to UK to live.
    3. Can't - as UK has no such visa (well there is a dependant parent one - but it now costs £1800 to deter it's use!)
    4. Bob moves to an EU state for 3 to 6 months and exercises a treaty right
    5. Brings them as extended family members to EU under EU Rules that allow it
    6. Moves the lot back to UK with no financial test.

Simples!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There's a thread I've been reading about an Italian, who used to live in Madrid, and has been rejected for British citizenship despite living here for 6 years.

Why would you want British citizenship if you were already an EU national?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'd be more wary of the implications of the "Anyone got student visa after refusal of enterprenuer appeal" thread - so you can't get in one way, let's pretend to be a student.
    how bad are their systems if they can't keep track of multiple applications with the same name and passport id

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I'd be more wary of the implications of the "Anyone got student visa after refusal of enterprenuer appeal" thread - so you can't get in one way, let's pretend to be a student.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well they have NLUK down to a T...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Another! Classic!

Rajuk09 wrote:
    This might be helpful

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...eferences.html
    I know this forum. Some of the most racist people contribute on this one good example user is northanladuk. They hate anyone coming from abroad, think everyone is after their job.

If you dont believe me then try posting something.

stay away from this forum. Useless...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I don't know the guy's exact financial situation but the fact that he's desperate to include a whopping £52 in his salary for a visa application makes me think he's up to no good.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Um, you CAN take it all as salary, then there isn't any CT because you have no profits.

If it wasn't for IR35, that's exactly how everyone would do things.
    Very true but I suspect the guy has other income and can't take it all as sal without incurring income tax, very much reading between the lines tho, depends what visa he's after..

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He wants to take the lot as sal/div - the whole 2k earnings - no regard for any CT etc. Leaving the VAT tho!
    Um, you CAN take it all as salary, then there isn't any CT because you have no profits.

If it wasn't for IR35, that's exactly how everyone would do things.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So where does UKBA fit into that?
    He needs to show earnings for his visa application it seems. £2k won't be enough though.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    He wants to take the lot as sal/div - the whole 2k earnings - no regard for any CT etc. Leaving the VAT tho!
    So where does UKBA fit into that?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    * cough * company loan * cough *

Maybe we could point him at one of the BN66 schemes to maximise his profit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X