• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A call from a Bob Agent..."

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Really? Is it really still there? Have you clicked on it to prove it or does merely having an underscore there make it so?

Really?

Erm, I think some browsers will turn anything that looks like a link into a link.

What browser are you using petergriffin?

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Really? Is it really still there? Have you clicked on it to prove it or does merely having an underscore there make it so?

Really?

Yes!

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    And the website is a gem, too -

meeraconsulting.com

FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You could always check him out at comparethemeeraconsultant.com
    Simples

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    You could always check him out at comparethemeeraconsultant.com

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    ^ any other areas of law you would like me to read up on, on the off-chance that I can shop my co-workers for something else?
    Yes please. I believe that the Health and Safety Executive have a series of guidelines regarding cubicle usage. I would like to know if its acceptable to leave a poisonous odour hanging about after evacuation and what is my recourse to some form of compensation or complaint?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    ^ any other areas of law you would like me to read up on, on the off-chance that I can shop my co-workers for something else?
    IR35?

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    My point is that if I don't know what the rules are I'm not likely to be reporting them for breaking them am I?
    That is no excuse/ That is called apathy.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Your point is?
    My point is that if I don't know what the rules are I'm not likely to be reporting them for breaking them am I?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I'm not aware of the visa requirements to bring people in on a work permit. It is general knowlege that Indian based companies try to get work outsourced and also advertise extremely low rates then use the lack of response to bring skilled workers in. I believe you have to be resident in the UK for 5 years continuous apart from holidays to go on to apply for indefinite leave to remain based on length of stay.
    Your point is?

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    I'm not aware of the visa requirements to bring people in on a work permit. It is general knowlege that Indian based companies try to get work outsourced and also advertise extremely low rates then use the lack of response to bring skilled workers in. I believe you have to be resident in the UK for 5 years continuous apart from holidays to go on to apply for indefinite leave to remain based on length of stay.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I do not really understand why more contractors do not report them to the borders agency. They are here to work on specific projects not to be shopped around like cheap contractors.

You lot all moan about them but none of you can be bothered to do anything about it.
    WHS. You cretins moan about "bobs", blaming the messenger, as it were, rather than the firms involved who turn a blind eye and encourage the breaking of the law for cheap labour.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    They work for a big multinational (ie. Indian) company that subcontracts for UK companies. They get switched around client companies and squeezed on rate each switch with the ILR carrot being dangled in front of them.

Typical Management then.
    You are not even prepared to name the company!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I'm working with a bunch of them in IT. Nice guys, getting shafted by low rates because they need to be resident here for 5 years to get their ILR status apparently, if they are not in employment they lose their work visa immediately.
    I do not really understand why more contractors do not report them to the borders agency. They are here to work on specific projects not to be shopped around like cheap contractors.

You lot all moan about them but none of you can be bothered to do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    They work for a big multinational (ie. Indian) company that subcontracts for UK companies. They get switched around client companies and squeezed on rate each switch with the ILR carrot being dangled in front of them.

Typical Management then.
    So basically its a form of slavery which the Home office wishes to outlaw (see Ms May's article in the Sunday Times last Sunday). Start gathering examples and pass it on to them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X