• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyds TSB the T must stand for Tulipe"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Santander = stupid

A cheque or electronic payment is chaseable - the source account is on the payment.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You need ID to pay in a cheque.

How bizarre.

The world's gone mad.

And I'm quite sure it's not me.
    I have had that twice this year with Santander (ID for paying in cheques). I refused to give ID on principle. They spent 20 minutes on the ‘phone to HQ and while doing so they asked me to sit down. Again I refused because I wanted hold up the queue while making the maximum fuss. After an augment about money laundering (my own HSBC cheque for £300.12) they gave in.

It’s not just me… when I am in bank queues there are often other people having similar difficulties but I haven’t seen one customer protest.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I personally could not stand it with Lloyds the way the sales team obviously got flagged when large sums were moved into your accounts and they would call you trying to get you to go in.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    After paying a quarterly dividend once, Lloyds called me to book an appointment with the Private Banking department.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Ugh terrible, I've still no access to my account even though they were faxed the information they needed yesterday from Natwest as apparently they don't do email it must be too forward thinking for them. I can't wait to hear back about my complaint

So I ring them up and ask them why the account is still block and it appears both people I spoke to yesterday are now out of the office on leave
    Last edited by The Spartan; 20 August 2013, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    That is bizarre, I guess they're customer service could with a complete overhaul. Even when I explained the to the Fraud team that I had complied with their original instructions they still didn't care that they had issued me the wrong instructions to begin with.
    I can beat that, it took them ages to set up online banking for my account, so to pay myself a dividend I used an old fashioned cheque

They blocked the cheque as they said they didn't see any id when I paid it in, of course I strongly remember they never asked me

I don't think it's deliberate, I just think some of the staff are very ignorant of the regs and a bit stupid

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    HSBC here for business as well as personal account. Other half's personal account is HSBC as well. Never had any issues for the last 5 years I have been with them, apart from an occasional fraud call on the credit card, but that's different matter.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Is the service any better where you are now?
    I use hsbc for business banking, first direct for personal banking.

Bar hsbc trying to do a business banking review and the new £5.50 a month charge its been painless. and I've always been able to speak to someone at first direct to fix my problem even including mortgages at reasonable hours (say 7:30pm).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I now recall what the initial charge was that made me go into the branch, I had set up automatic payments to pay off the max of my credit card, after I had got a new card I missed a payment, they were arguing that I had to set up the payments again for the new card. Chancers.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think RBS are a good bit better to be honest, they put me into private banking straight away so I think that will account for an increase in service anyway but they do have a higher level of service.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Is the service any better where you are now?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I had gone into a branch to query a charge, when I asked someone at customer services they sat me down at a desk in the middle of a branch and phoned up an Indian call centre for me, after 5 minutes of the usual standard of bob call they cut me off.

I walked back up to the customer service desk, pulled out all of my cards and told them to close the accounts, gave them a sort code and account number to send the money to.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think they did to be honest, there was a reasonable sum contained in the accounts, they never batted an eye lid as I asked to close 3 accounts and a credit card. I would have though they would have tried to save the business account which had a pretty decent turnover and a monthly charge but no.
    That is bizarre, I guess they're customer service could with a complete overhaul. Even when I explained the to the Fraud team that I had complied with their original instructions they still didn't care that they had issued me the wrong instructions to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    As Sas said earlier maybe that don't/didn't want our custom
    I don't think they did to be honest, there was a reasonable sum contained in the accounts, they never batted an eye lid as I asked to close 3 accounts and a credit card. I would have though they would have tried to save the business account which had a pretty decent turnover and a monthly charge but no.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I moved from Lloyds TSB who I had used for all my accounts, the service was terrible and getting worse.
    As Sas said earlier maybe that don't/didn't want our custom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X