• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Recent films

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recent films"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Finally, Dorian Gray
    Dorian Gray (2009) - IMDb

really good, despite a less than stellar rating on IMDB

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Good Vibrations

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Well, I watched it. Good film but somewhat odd, probably because it was written by Dennis Potter. I was slightly disappointed that Theresa Russell didn't get her kit off
    I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Watched Track 29 (1988) in my lodgings last night, and it was amazing.

I'd had it kicking around for a while, but never watched it until now as I didn't like the sound of the incest references on the cover. But without wanting to give anything away, that is misleading.

Screenplay was by Dennis Potter, and it starred among others Theresa Russell, Gary Oldman, and Christopher Lloyd. Highly recommended.
    Well, I watched it. Good film but somewhat odd, probably because it was written by Dennis Potter. I was slightly disappointed that Theresa Russell didn't get her kit off

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Damon View Post
    Read the books as a boy, loved the earlier films but this Hobittisess series is not good IMO.

Just regurgitating the same formula from Lord of the Rings.

5 out of 10 for me.
    Agree. If they'd done Hobbit first and then LotR as films it'd probably be a different story. It's a good reminder how good the LotR films were though I suppose, and that The Hobbit really is a much simpler story for children, not just a prequel.

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    Read the books as a boy, loved the earlier films but this Hobittisess series is not good IMO.

Just regurgitating the same formula from Lord of the Rings.

5 out of 10 for me.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    12 Years a Slave.

I was, like, on the fence about slavery before but this film totally won me over. Great movie.
    So now are you for or against slavery?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    12 Years a Slave.

I was, like, on the fence about slavery before but this film totally won me over. Great movie.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Walter Smitty is better for fans of IBM POWER.

That's a Unix joke btw...
    Take your coat and eff off

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    WDDS

'For your consideration' are the words most read in my household this weekend.
    I considered 'American Hustle' over the weekend, it took a while to get going but I really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Walter Mitty is good movie.
    Walter Smitty is better for fans of IBM POWER.

That's a Unix joke btw...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Walter Mitty is good movie.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    WDDS

Snap

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    "Last Vegas" fun film.

Camera man and editor didn't like Michel Douglas, showed up a lot of the work he has had done, or maybe that was the point

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    FTFY
    WDDS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X