• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1970s Kids Programs"

Collapse

• Ticktock
    replied
    My brother and I used to go the cinema on a Saturday morning and they'd run a series of shows with maybe a short film thrown in too.

One favourite show was "Chico Chico the Rainmaker", about the shrunken head of a witchdocter.

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    Brendan Chase - a fairly obscure one from about 1980 I think but I used to love that show. It was about 2 boys who ran away to live in the wild - ISTR there was some old wild man of the woods type character called Smokoe Joe in it too.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The Ghosts of Motley Hall.
    That was a good show

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    'kin 'ell that took some doing!!

but aside from tulip spelling - Were the Tomorrow People the ones that "jaunted"?

Was one of the stars lead singer in Flame (??) "Why Must I be a Teenager in Love"
    I think I remember my sister fancied him
    I blame the keyboard, but yes they were the ones that "Jaunted" using a device that looked like a belt with a big chunky buckle one it iirc.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The Tommorow People. Proper SciFi for kids.
    'kin 'ell that took some doing!!

but aside from tulip spelling - Were the Tomorrow People the ones that "jaunted"?

Was one of the stars lead singer in Flame (??) "Why Must I be a Teenager in Love"
    I think I remember my sister fancied him

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Jamie and the Magic Torch. Weird but fun.

The Tommorow People. Proper SciFi for kids.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    HR Puffnstuff!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I fail to see how KP was wrong in saying Master Mates and Tom the Cabin Boy?

These were the real character names. Or did you both just see "Captain Pugwash" and assume that he would use the myth?
    Exactly.
    I know the myth, but deliberately used the correct names so one of you jokers could reply with the rude ones.

Captain Pugwash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course knowing my reputation on here I'm not surprised you all thought I was being smutty from the outset

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Possibly before my time. Was that a few years before Dixon of Dock Green came out?
    They were the test programmes used by John Logie Baird.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Anyone old enough to remember Hector's House and Follyfoot?
    Possibly before my time. Was that a few years before Dixon of Dock Green came out?

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No-ones that old!!

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You.
    Harsh. But true.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No-ones that old!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X