• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things to do in/around leeds"

Collapse

• Fishface
    replied
    Take the train from Leeds to Carlisle - to Ribblehead viaduct at least - best when it is pissing down with rain.

Or equally the train from Leeds to Carnforth - on a DMU with some character.

Or media museum in Bradford and across the road to the Karachi

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Wrong St James

St. James Infirmary Blues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    People of my grans age hate Jimmys as it used to be a workhouse. Tell anyone over 75 they're going there and they'll assume you're sending them to die.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Actually I'd had a defibrillator fitted at LGI, three weeks in there, then four weeks in isolation ward with a related infection at Jimmy's hardly getting out of bed so I'd lost a bit of pace I think! I can do the Market to The Light in 4 I think!

LGI was great, didn't like Jimmy's, God I was bored. Ended up watching the same ep of Location, Location, Location about 30 times. 2012 was a shiite year, my Horrible Anus....

People of my grans age hate Jimmys as it used to be a workhouse. Tell anyone over 75 they're going there and they'll assume you're sending them to die.

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A PhD student on that kind of mosaic visited a few years back and described them as some of the finest in the country. My parents keep suggesting opening the church up to visitors so that people can see them, but I'm not having it.

The memorial to Will Lord (near the bottom of the page you linked to) is in the kitchen now.
    Beautiful - you're a lucky guy! (And even better in that you made your own luck.)

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
    I had a google - I'm a bit interested in history and churches.

Nice potted history here = I'm sure you already know this stuff, but JIC. The mosaics look awesome.
    A PhD student on that kind of mosaic visited a few years back and described them as some of the finest in the country. My parents keep suggesting opening the church up to visitors so that people can see them, but I'm not having it.

The memorial to Will Lord (near the bottom of the page you linked to) is in the kitchen now.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    I second the armouries as well, but the countryside and many villages are better if your an outdoors type.

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    Bear in mind that Rightmove only gives the lowest end of the auction valuation, not the hammer price.
    I had a google - I'm a bit interested in history and churches.

Nice potted history here = I'm sure you already know this stuff, but JIC. The mosaics look awesome.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Not when you're driving around it. Its usually 1 word as you realize you should have taken the exit you just went past.
    7 down - 4 letters - "someone who designs one way systems"

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Isn't that 4 words?
    Not when you're driving around it. Its usually 1 word as you realize you should have taken the exit you just went past.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Isn't that 4 words?
    It's a Brian Potterism.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    One word - Leeds City Centre Loop!

Hahaha! Specially designed to frustrate the first timer.

CBRD » In Depth » City Centre Loop
    Isn't that 4 words?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Still a fair way compared to LGI which is like 2 mins walk! It's about half an hours walk from Jimmy's surely?
    If you are walking through that part of Leeds you walk fast anyway!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Go and visit Jimmy Savile's old flat in Roundhay park
    Happily located only a few hundred yards from the location of one of the Yorkshire ripper's murder victims

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    Bear in mind that Rightmove only gives the lowest end of the auction valuation, not the hammer price.
    I see, didn't notice it was an auction property. Looks beautiful, i am very jealous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X