• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The official third Ashes Test thread"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    I am pretty sure this is going to be a very fast & hard attack.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    The best of Sky's analysis from today's play:

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not sure which Ashes thread to use, but this isn't looking great. 3 wickets after the first day, maybe we'll actually get a full 5-day match this time.
    It's Manchester. It'll rain soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not sure which Ashes thread to use, but this isn't looking great. 3 wickets after the first day, maybe we'll actually get a full 5-day match this time.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I read he was taken on for his bowling?
    Well that's how clueless the Aus selectors are. Take on a guy for his bowling when he's actually one of your best batsmen. Correction, one of your few decent batsmen.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Well that's how clueless the Aus selectors are. Take on a guy for his bowling when he's actually one of your best batsmen.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    He was, but averaging 142 with the ball this series, particularly on a turning pitch where Joe Root was taking wickets, shows how out of his depth he was.

He's one for the future, but that's a way off.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Because he can't bowl.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Whingeing Aussies again?

Why did they drop that guy who could bat? You know, the tail ender that got 98?
    Because he can't bowl.

And now that the bowlers have actually seen him bat, they should be able to get him out cheaply. I don't quite see how a world-class attack can argue "we'd not seen him before, so we didn't know how to bowl to him" though. They haven't seen me bat, either, but I reckon they should be able to dismiss me before I made 98.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Acknowledge the crowd as you walk off, you miserable sod.
    Whingeing Aussies again?

Why did they drop that guy who could bat? You know, the tail ender that got 98?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Acknowledge the crowd as you walk off, you miserable sod.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    VIP box/firstrowsports should have it on? Might be a few bowls behind, but I usually turn off the sky commentary and listen to TMS.

Comedy gold listening to Blowers describing the pigeons + other inane ramblings.

qh

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its on the TV 10 feet from me but I hate cricket.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Feck me wish I could see this ...
    Me too. I mentioned I was using Now TV vouchers last time as people were selling them £3 a pop on eBay but that's dried up now. £10 for the day is only 15min paid work but it's still too much of an extravagance in my view, with 15 days left to play.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Feck me wish I could see this ...
    Looks like the turd umpire had a few glasses at lunch; I want the Aussies to be thrashed fair and square, not beaten by TMOs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X