• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Merseyside motorist caught doing 165mph banned"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    FOAD

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes. You are. You're also allowed to use when referring to exam cramming centres.

If mods/admin really dislike what you post or it could open the site to legal action, then it'll be removed or edited. No-one has a right to say whatever they like. There is no freedom of speech anywhere on the planet. People who complain about a lack of freedom of speech are usually whining, puerile inadequates who resent not being able to spout their filthy emissions to all and sundry.
    FOAD

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So are we not allowed to use the words "concentration camps"? Even if we are referring to a lot of gay people standing together?
    Yes. You are. You're also allowed to use when referring to exam cramming centres.

If mods/admin really dislike what you post or it could open the site to legal action, then it'll be removed or edited. No-one has a right to say whatever they like. There is no freedom of speech anywhere on the planet. People who complain about a lack of freedom of speech are usually whining, puerile inadequates who resent not being able to spout their filthy emissions to all and sundry.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I wonder what goes on between their ears.
    Google are doing their best to shut this down

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'd say free speech is irrelevant in this whole matter as the site's owned by CUK and CUK has mods and admins who decided who stays and who goes on a site they own. It's not as if the mods can stop KaiserJerk expressing his opinions anywhere else, it's not North Korea and the comparison is frankly laughable. We get a lot of room to speak our minds on this site free of charge, much more than can be expected on many commercial sites, but at some stage the mods and admin decide on behalf of the site's owner that it's gone too far. That's their right. Live with it.
    I have no problem with it and I have seen the banned fella being offensive in other threads so maybe he got what he deserved.

Oh and it was assguru who mentioned free speech not me!

and for the record I am not dim or a PM well I am at least not a PM

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    hmm the words pot n kettle etc - however today is not the day for

Interesting point about free speech in that actually yes - you should be able to have an opinion - regardless of how offensive other people find it - that is kind of the whole point of free speech.

or maybe we should have sort of semi free speech which is only allowed if it has been passed by the Bureau of Free Speech to be checked for political correctness.... that reminds me of somewhere...... oh yeah that was it North Korea a state well know for its willingness to let its people exercise freedom of speech.

I'd say free speech is irrelevant in this whole matter as the site's owned by CUK and CUK has mods and admins who decide who stays and who goes on a site they own. It's not as if the mods can stop KaiserJerk expressing his opinions anywhere else, it's not North Korea and the comparison is frankly laughable. We get a lot of room to speak our minds on this site free of charge, much more than can be expected on many commercial sites, but at some stage the mods and admin decide on behalf of the site's owner that it's gone too far. That's their right. Live with it.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Well make that clear in the first place then; it makes all the difference between saying something sensible and saying something utterly stupid.
    Ok I thought maybe people would have assumed I meant that given the story we are talking about. I apologise for any confusion caused.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh dear, I did try to explain, but never mind. I'm obviously not explaining it very well.
    It's more DA's cognitive skills that are to blame.
    These thickos, I wonder what goes on between their ears.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You behave like a PM: i.e. like a cock.
    No the banned fella was implying that all "pakis" (his word) behaved that way and should be put into concentration camps. But perhaps you think that's simply free speech
    hmm the words pot n kettle etc - however today is not the day for

Interesting point about free speech in that actually yes - you should be able to have an opinion - regardless of how offensive other people find it - that is kind of the whole point of free speech.

or maybe we should have sort of semi free speech which is only allowed if it has been passed by the Bureau of Free Speech to be checked for political correctness.... that reminds me of somewhere...... oh yeah that was it North Korea a state well know for its willingness to let its people exercise freedom of speech.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So are we not allowed to use the words "concentration camps"? Even if we are referring to a lot of gay people standing together?
    Oh dear, I did try to explain, but never mind. I'm obviously not explaining it very well.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Indeed. You don't need to reference concentration camps to say someone should be locked up for a long time, especially when your forum name refers to Kaiser Wilhelm, who committed genocide and built concentration camps in southern Africa, laid the way for the Nazis in Europe and was notoriously racist AND anti-semitic. Context can make a silly statement more or less serious. In this case, the context plus the content was revolting.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You have your accelerator pedal amputated.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

No the banned fella was implying that all "pakis" (his word) behaved that way and should be put into concentration camps. But perhaps you think that's simply free speech
    Indeed. You don't need to reference concentration camps to say someone should be locked up for a long time, especially when your forum name refers to Kaiser Wilhelm, who committed genocide and built concentration camps in southern Africa, laid the way for the Nazis in Europe and was notoriously racist AND anti-semitic. Context can make a silly statement more or less serious. In this case, the context plus the content was revolting.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Dagnabbit I am not a PM!

You are definatly pre Menstrual

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Dagnabbit I am not a PM!

so was it just the reference to concentration camps that was the problem? I think more what the recently banned fella was trying to say was that he should be locked up in a sh1tty place and have the key thrown away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X