• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jamie's Italian, Canary Wharf"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    FTFY
    Well, yes, the Hawksmoor is king but I said Barbecoa because it's another Jamie Oliver place. Those crispy pig cheeks were damn tasty

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I think Scrag's been spoiled by the Grub Club. Jamie's restaurants aren't quite Hawksmoor.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    It's in the south, what do you expect apart from bored waitresses, meh food and service.
    ftfy - staff in our chain restaurants oop north are generally pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    It's a chain, what do you expect apart from bored waitresses, meh food and service.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    We found the spaghetti to be a bit undercooked. We went to one near Milton Keynes Central (Boulevard something). I prefer Bella Italia and Garfunkels..

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Went to the one in Reading. Nearly everything had chilli in it, so I chose something on the menu that didn't.

When it came, it was far too hot for me - they'd put chilli in it. As everything else on the menu clearly stated it had chilli, it wasn't unreasonable to assume that this dish didn't.

Waiter begrudgingly changed it for something without chilli, but charged me for both. But my friends enjoyed their meals.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I think Scrag's been spoiled by the Grub Club. Jamie's Italians aren't quite Barbecoa.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Went to the Kingston one - was quite nice, not amazing - didn't and wouldn't queue to get in. Maybe about same standard as Carluccio?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The last time I went in there it was still HSBC!
    It's actually not changed much, I guess they had to keep loads of original features - worth a visit. The loos are down in the basement, in old vaults.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    WHS - The one in Manchester is nice - the building itself is amazing.
    The last time I went in there it was still HSBC!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    likewise the one in Glasgow. They serve a purpose and make a change from Zizzi, Ask or Pizza Express.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Jamies chain restaurants aren't expensive and the prices are on a par with the likes of Zizzi

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I don't know why people waste their money on these places, to be honest.
    Jamies chain restaurants aren't expensive and the prices are on a par with the likes of Zizzi

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I don't know why people waste their money on these places, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I was similarly underwhelmed by the one in Oxford. Okay, nothing great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X