• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Baby boom!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baby boom!"

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    And your point is?
    Buy shares in Mothercare?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The irony being that the demographic timebomb in Germany will force them to get loads of immigrants in in the medium term, even more than the European leading percentage they have now.

They´re shipping in young Italian and Greek techies and engineers to fill up their own shortage. The Dutch are trying to do the same despite high unemployment; some people are whining about it but hey, nobody forced them to do Media Studies or NVQ level 2 Personal Shopper courses.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Take yer Auslander attitude and feck off back to Germany then.

Don't tell us how to live our lives.
    The irony being that the demographic timebomb in Germany will force them to get loads of immigrants in in the medium term, even more than the European leading percentage they have now.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Bloody foreigners, coming here, nicking all our jobs, having all our babies...
    ...dismissing Bismarck, subjugating us all to the House of Hohenzollern, blaming us when his mad mate Franz stands in the way of a bullet and leaving a bloody mess behind in Belgium that they´re still clearing up! Send him home with his pickelhaube rammed up his rectum! They don´t like it up ´em!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Didn't that quiz just the other day say only 6% of the UK population were immmigrants? Bloody foreigners, coming here, nicking all our jobs, having all our babies...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
    I think the birth rate should be above 2.0. That's a good thing. But the fact that 25% of the births are from foreigners, that's a bad thing.

Essentially England is slowly but surely following the path of London, where white British are now the minority. Hah! In London.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    So we all can guess what his Grandad did in the war.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I think the birth rate should be above 2.0. That's a good thing. But the fact that no woman in her right mind will get into bed with me means I can´t do my bit to contribute.

Is that a good or a bad thing?
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not British? Then what?
    He´s Prussian, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Anyway, WTF has "born abroad" got to do with it?

Plenty of "white British" people are born abroad (forces children are a good example).

When they themselves have kids in the UK, those children will be born to mothers who were born abroad.

Come to think of it, my mother was born abroad in India. I guess that makes me a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Continental European.
    Do you live in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• KaiserWilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not British? Then what?
    Continental European.