• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Practising being a recruiter at WH Smith"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If Dominic comes to the CUK Christmas do, I think Secret Santa might just stretch to a printed T-shirt.
    I think a baseball cap with JAFR across the front would suffice. Remember Blue Thunder?

(Might go with the bomber jacket).

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by corndog
    If Dominic comes to the CUK Christmas do, I think Secret Santa might just stretch to a printed T-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I like the fact I replied to it before you wrote it now

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't know MP, your father is the one who raised you to attack their hypothetical father with a golf club.

edit: hey where did MP go?
    I nobbed the post up, edited it, nobbed it up some more, deleted it, and re-created it.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    since my son hit me in the face with a golf club
    Hopefully it was all 18 holes, the club house and the Pro Shop he hit you with

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    since my son hit me in the face with a golf club.
    Don't blame him.

I'd hit my dad in the face with a golf club if he was a tosspot like you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I don't know MP, your father is the one who raised you to attack their hypothetical father with a golf club.

edit: hey where did MP go?

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    I think Sas is still smarting from the smooth-talking self-proclaimed headhunter who flattered his ego but then turned out to be a 10 year old trying to read his Dad's papers from work titled "A dummy's guide to recruitment".
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think Sas is still smarting from the smooth-talking self-proclaimed headhunter who flattered his ego but then turned out to be a 21 year old trainee recruiter doing a keyword search.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    You have made me angry now.
    Why didn't I think of your response in (1) ? but I promise to use it next time.

(2) As in my post, I am a recruiter, has any recruiter ever phoned you up for a role and not treated you like a long lost brother even though you've never met ?

(3) I was not attempting to suprise *you*, but not being able to bully the old gent certainly suprised the WH Smjith staff.

(4) When not on duty, I dress like a tramp and my face looks like one. This isn't on purpose I just have the style equivalent of dyslexia and since my son hit me in the face with a golf club, I have a tooth missing and a prominent facial scar. I hadn't shaved either, it wasn't a pretty sight.
    If your children hate you it is a positive sign that you will go far. The next stage of course is to sell them to slavery.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So, to sum up...

Agent acts like a loudmouthed twat in public, until the manager gave in to get him out of the shop.
    What on earth makes you think he was acting?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Weren't you boasting about being headhunted a while back? Doesn't sound so impressive now does it?
    Still smarting from when you got 'headhunted' eh Sas?
    Being a headhuntee is very different to being a headhunter.
    Also very different to being rec conned.
    But you'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    While I applaud your efforts to lift the great unwashed ignorati out of their suffering and the resulting bloody nose you gave a couple of their oppressors who steal the bread from their grubby palms, I have a few qualms with your account:

1) You didn't mention what you replied when asked by the staff, "What's it got to do with you?" I personally relish such confrontational questions as it gives me a chance to retort, "You're not important enough to know".

2) Why did you reply that the elder gent was your friend, when it would have sufficed that he was a fellow human being whose basic rights were being infringed, and furthermore, as per the above, it was none of their business anyway?

3) Why would you assume that to quote the gentleman's legal rights loudly and repeatedly, so as to gain support from onlookers, quite a common tactic in many lower areas of life (like playgrounds and recruitment) would surprise us?

4) Why were you wearing a bomber jacket in the middle of a heatwave?

You have made me angry now.
    Why didn't I think of your response in (1) ? but I promise to use it next time.

(2) As in my post, I am a recruiter, has any recruiter ever phoned you up for a role and not treated you like a long lost brother even though you've never met ?

(3) I was not attempting to suprise *you*, but not being able to bully the old gent certainly suprised the WH Smjith staff.

(4) When not on duty, I dress like a tramp and my face looks like one. This isn't on purpose I just have the style equivalent of dyslexia and since my son hit me in the face with a golf club, I have a tooth missing and a prominent facial scar. I hadn't shaved either, it wasn't a pretty sight.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS, it must take a total lack of any talent whatsoever to end up being both a "headhunter" and a journalist.
    Going into politics next?
    Still smarting from when you got 'headhunted' eh Sas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X